Chapter 23.

London's Bad Girl: Chapter 23: I Would Kill Me Too.

"Do you know where we're going?" I finally asked once the cops had seemed to disappear and my breathing had settled down.

"Not a clue," he sighed.

"So you just hopped in a car and decided to commit as many crimes as you could commit in one hour?"

"Well, I did get a call telling me that my wife has been taken and the only way to get her back was to be another character in this man's game."

"Right," I nodded my head slowly.

The center screen lit up, ending the silence and filling it with the sound of an incoming call.

"Answer," my father ordered.

"Look under the visor, Nicole."

If I was a normal person with a normal life, I would have been shocked at the fact that this man new my name-but I'm not a normal person and this sure as hell isn't a normal life I am living, so I nodded my head and followed his simple order.

I lifted my arm, pulling down the visor and grabbing the small black piece from the flap.

"Uploading a new set of directions."

I glanced down at the center counsel, pushing my finger against the screen.

"That's the city power plant," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"At exactly one o'clock, you will be there."

"Why are we going to the power plant?" I questioned.

"Now listen carefully, you are to break in to the control room, access the phone system and insert that drive."

"What will that do?" I asked.

"You're a clever girl, I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"He wants to cut the power off," I shook my head. "Why do you want to cut the power!" I raised my voice.

"You have limited time until one, I wouldn't spend it trying to figure out my motives," the call ended.

"He's a real asshole," I turned towards my father.

He just ignored me, keeping is eyes glued on the road. I rested my head against the seat, letting out an annoyed sigh before the car came to a stop.

"You don't know who that is?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"No."

"No idea?"

"Oh I've got ideas," he nodded. "People I've worked with, but no one I know could have set something like this up," he shook his head. "I don't know who they called in, but it was obviously their last attempt for this business."

"So why you?"

"Because I know everything," he glanced behind him. "I've been here since the beginning."