BRYCE (2)

[ BRYCE'S POV ]
[ THIS CHAPTER IS SET DURING THE EVENTS OF CHAPTERS 9-12 ]

[ DAY ONE ]

My heart drops as the seemingly infinitely spanning plane of green grass suddenly appears. The jarring light of the sun glares in my eyes. I look forward blankly.

"Soda bottle!"

I turn around in surprise at hearing Scenty's voice. She hugs me. I still stare out blankly.

[ DAY TWO ]

"Bryce! You're okay!" I look up in surprise at the familiar voice. "Liam?" My vision is a little fuzzy, but I would know his voice anywhere. "I'm so glad you're awake!" Liam said, before hugging me tightly. I let the warmth wash over me slowly, before hugging him back. The warmth, though, feels... artificial. I look around. I'm in a hospital.

I get up and walk to a nurse, but they look a bit nervous and rush away. I try again, walking up to another nurse, but they do the same as the last one. I repeat this a few more times, before looking around. The lights are bright and everyone is talking, but I just see Liam sitting down in a chair, waiting for me to come back.

And I do.

Slowly, I walk back to Liam, sitting down on the hospital bed. We both smile at each other, and thunder cracks in the distance, but neither of us seem to care.

"Soda bottle?"

I'm startled by Scenty's voice, yet again. I swiftly sit up and turn toward her. "Are you okay? You look a little... disheveled. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude."

"Yeah.. yeah, I'm just tired." I reply. She blinks at me before giving me a worried look. "If you don't wanna talk about it, that's alright, but I can tell you're not being honest about this." I look down at the ground to avoid further conversation. She sits down next to me.

"Scenty, I don't want to be a burden-" I'm interrupted swiftly. "You're not a burden, Soda bottle." She says. I don't say anything in response. "It's just..." She sighs. "You need some help, so I thought, why not give it to you?" I smile, and look back up at her. "Thanks, Scenty."

[ DAY 9 ]

I haven't gotten any sleep since a few days ago, or at least, I think it was a few days ago. I'm losing track of time at this point. Airy disappeared for like, four days.

I miss Liam.

[ DAY 16 ]

Only a few of us are left. Scenty, me, Atom, and Tray.

We're all lined up for elimination. The teams split up a few days ago.

Scenty mouths "good luck" to me. I look back down to the ground.

"Alright, eliminating someone... now."