Chapter Ten

The ocean.

Vast and marvelous.

Mysterious and calming.

Certainly not something Liam thought he would be hanging around in while half-dead.

He kept staring off into the distance, replaying the panicked moment when he saw Bryce reach for him in his head. Suddenly, an idea came to his mind. He unzipped his backpack pocket and pulled out a small computer, also somewhat translucent.

Liam opened the computer, and when he did...

"what the fuck"

"Texty!" Liam's eyes opened wide.

"where are you i dont see you"

"What do you mean? I'm right here in front of you."

"no, the back of a car seat is in front of me"

Liam chuckled a bit, although confused.

"owen i think im hearing things"

What? Liam thought.

"i hear liam"

"Texty, I'm not a voice in your head, I'm alive."

"wdym"

"ok i'll do that"

"liam type on the computer"

Liam was confused, but obeyed Texty's orders.

(L = liam, O = owen)
L: ok im typing now how does this help

O: liam!

L: uhh thats my name

O: no, liam, im not texty

L: who are you if youre not texty? if youre not texty how do you know her name?

O: liam, its me, owen.

L: what

O: listen, i dont know how your talking to me, or if youre even liam, so what can you do to prove it to me?

L: ask any question ya want, i can answer it

Owen paused for a moment.

O: where did we go to college?

L: the university of san francisco

O: ok, so youre liam, how are you typing on texty's computer?

L: she was in my back pocket

O: but youre not... conscious?

L: what?

O: where are you right now?

L: uhh... in the ocean?

O: what?

L: im in the ocean right now, with a weird radio that has like a million digits on it

O: youre in the ocean and youre not drowning?

L: nope

O: youre not in the ocean. youre in a hospital bed in the bridgeport hospital.

L: well of course im not actually in the ocean. i would be dead right now.

O: whatever, we can talk about this more when i get to bryce's apartment

Owen started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. After a bit, he soon found himself in Bryce's apartment's parking lot. He stopped and stared for a moment.

"How am I gonna get into there without Bryce? He must have the keys!"

"uh no he left them under my computer"

Owen lifted up the laptop hopefully, and found under there a ring of keys! He grabbed the keys, rushed out of the car, and walked up to Bryce's apartment. He swiftly headed up the elevator, and, when he got to Bryce's place, he tried each key on the door, and, after a few attempts, he got in!

Owen sat down at the table and set the computer down.

O: liam?

L: yeah?

O: you... are alive, right?

Liam raised an eyebrow at the computer.

L: of course

O: where did you go?

L: what do you mean?

O: when you disappeared for seven months?

L: ...

you know bryce, right?

O: yeah

L: well, i dont have his blessing to say this, but, well, i was transported

O: transported? what?

L: i was transported to a big, empty planet with a gameshow on it and an invisible host named airy. he kept us there against our will and gave us names after our objects. he promised a "wish for anything" after you beat the competition.

O: and thats why you were gone?

L: yup. after the first couple days, i think like the first week, he just dipped for a while. he came back after 7 months to get me back home, but by then everyone thought i was dead.

O: i really missed you since then

L: i missed you too, owen