Chapter 34: Chills

Vali's POV

Golurk bellowed in rage, its red markings flashing like crazy. An ominous light surrounded it as it raised its hand to use another Hammer Arm.

"Kirlia, Psychic! Hatenna, use your Psybeam! Eevee, Bullet Punch!"

Kirlia held her hands up and was barely able to hold back the Hammer Arm. Hatenna launched a beam of blue and purple energy, giving them enough power to hold the fist back. Eevee used Quick Attack climb up Golurk and hit it in the head with Bullet Punch, making it flinch.

I looked at Dawn. "Well?"

She looked at me with a red-faced expression. "B-but."

"Yeah, I know you're happy to see me," I said, rolling my eyes. "Sorry to interrupt your daydreaming but THERE'S A MASSIVE FUCKING GOLURK ATTACKING US SO WOULD YOU PLEASE FOCUS?"

That snapped Dawn out of it. She nodded and turned back to Golurk. I noticed her stealing a glance at me.

"You're right! Lopunny, use Ice Punch and then Play Rough!"

Lopunny, taking advantage of Golurk being preoccupied, leaped up and joined Eevee and hitting Golurk in the head, making it even more furious. Golurk brought its fist up and used Heavy Slam, trying to crush Lopunny by clapping its massive hands. But Lopunny was too fast and she avoided the attack by twirling in midair, punching Golurk in the eye, covering it with frost.

"Eevee, Mimic!"

Eevee copied the attack and then continued to barrage Golurk with Ice Punch alongside Lopunny. Golurk tried everything and anything to get them off, but its attacks wouldn't land; it was too slow.

Hatenna and Kirlia made their presence known by hitting Golurk with their Psychic moves, causing it to swing at them with Shadow Punch.

"Teleport."

Kirlia calmly teleported them to safety, much to Golurk's chagrin. It was as if it knew it was being humiliated and was getting angrier because of it.

Lopunny and Eevee jumped back up to hit it with another Ice Punch. Now, you may be wondering, why are we spamming one move? Easy, it was super-effective and, paired with Bullet Punch, was very effective for doing as much damage as we could. Now that Golurk was slower, this strategy was much safer to do.

Kirlia, Hatenna, and previously Mamoswine, would be the support and keep Golurk's attention on them while Lopunny and Eevee would be the frontline attackers. Kirlia and Hatenna had support moves, too, so it was the best strategy. Golurk was too slow to react and we weren't getting hit at all anymore.

I knew we were in trouble when Golurk's eyes flashed a darker shade of red. It withstood the two Ice Punches without flinching and, with surprising agility, grabbed them, squeezing them tightly.

"Vee!" Eevee cried out in pain, struggling.

Lopunny writhed around, trying to escape. "Pun..."

Dawn and I grimaced.

"Damn it," I cursed. "Hatenna, use your Mystical Fire, and Kirlia, back her up with Psychic!"