your child gets lost in the grocery store (requested)

"Okay, what else do we need?" You asked as you pushed the cart down the aisle. "How about more cereal?"

"Yeah, we could use some more of that," Taylor said as she walked behind you with your daughter's hand wrapped in hers.

"It's all the way at the top. Can you help me reach it, Taylor?"

"Stay here, okay?" Taylor told your little girl. "Hold onto the cart and don't go anywhere."

She watched your daughter to make sure she was holding onto the cart before she went over to your side.

She reached up and grabbed the box of cereal that your daughter loves before tossing it into the cart.

And when you both turned around, to your horror, your daughter wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Taylor? Where's Ava?"

Ava, your seven-year-old daughter, had wandered off despite Taylor telling her not to.

"Ava? Ava!" You called out.

"Ava, where are you? Come back here right now, honey." Taylor said.

But your daughter didn't come to your side.

"Oh, god. Oh, no. Where is she?" You asked as you frantically searched for her with Taylor.

"Ava, come here now. This isn't funny! Come on." Taylor said.

You were both attracting the attention of other shoppers in the store by now but none of them included your daughter.

"Where could she have gone? Taylor, what do we do?" You asked as you began to panic.

"Okay, baby, calm down. Take a deep breath. She's got to be here somewhere." Taylor said as she placed her hands on your arms. "Just breathe. We'll find her, I promise."

You felt less confident about that than she did.

"Ava! Ava, come out!" Taylor yelled.

"Ava, sweetie, where are you?" You called out as you began to go up and down the aisles in search of her.

"Ava! Ava?" Taylor shouted as she began to frantically search for your little girl.

And, finally, a moment later, Taylor noticed her down the aisle with music and video games.

"Ava!"

Ava turned her head to look at Taylor, who was running over to her side.

"Didn't you hear Mom and I calling for you?"

"No." She said.

"I told you to stay with the cart, didn't I? You should know better than to run off. You scared your mom and me half to death!" Taylor said.

"I'm sorry," Ava spoke as Taylor knelt on the ground and pulled her into her arms for a hug.

"Don't do it again, okay?"

"Okay," Ava promised as she wrapped her pinky around Taylor's.

"You found her!" Taylor heard you say as you hurried over to the both of them.

"Yeah, I found the troublemaker." Taylor teased, making Ava giggle as her sides were tickled.

"You scared me so much! Are you okay?" You asked as you pulled Ava into your arms.

"Yeah. I want this game. Can I have it?"

"Not today. Let's finish shopping and go home. Next time, alright?" Taylor said.

"Okay," Ava said before taking Taylor's hand again.

You and Taylor were just relieved that you found her safe and sound.