will you leave? (requested)

The feeling of warm sheets against her fingertips rather than the warmth of your body beside her is what awoke Taylor from her sleep.

She sat up in bed and turned on the light before looking around the room.

But it was empty with no sign of you, which was concerning for Taylor.

Getting out of bed, she looked around for you upstairs before going downstairs and finding you in the kitchen.

"Y/N," She sighed in relief once saw you. "What are you doing out of bed? It's almost four in the morning."

"I can't sleep."

"You've been up all night?"

You nodded.

"Why, baby?" She asked as she sat down in the chair beside you at the table.

"I can't stop thinking." You said as you stared down at your stomach.

There was no sign of a bump yet but soon, there would be.

You just told Taylor earlier today that you're pregnant and though she was overjoyed, your mind has gone in a different direction and has filled you with so many fears and anxieties that you can't focus on anything else.

"Are you thinking about the baby?" She asked.

"A little. But I keep thinking about us more than anything else."

"Us? What about us?" She asked as she took your hand into hers.

"Will you leave, Tay?"

"What?" She asked in both confusion and surprise. "What do you mean?"

"Are you going to leave us?"

"Why would I ever leave you and the baby?"

"I just keep thinking about it." You said as you shrugged your shoulders. "Your career is still at such a high and you love what you do. What if you don't like the baby or being a mom? What if you find out you'd rather focus on your career and you don't want anything to do with us?"

"Y/N, that is absurd and it is never going to happen." She promised as she squeezed your hand a few times.

"Are you sure? How can you know that?"

"Because I love you. That's how." She said as she brushed her fingers across yours. "You know that all I've wanted is a family with you. For the longest time, this is what we've been wanting. Together."

"I'm just so scared, Taylor."

"But you have no reason to be. Baby, I'm in this with you completely. I'm going to be with you every step of the way."

"What about your career?"

"What about it? Sure, things will slow down a little but I can balance my family and my job. That I'm sure of."

You looked up at her, looking right into her sparkling blue eyes.

"You have nothing to worry about. I love you and this baby and I'm not going to go anywhere. I promise you, I'll be right by your side through everything that's to come."

She smiled at you and you melted at the sight.

"I'm so excited to be a mom and to be there by your side through everything. I can't wait for the journey that's ahead of us. It's going to be challenging at times, of course. But it's going to be so exciting. Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah. Very." You said with a big smile as you thought about the journey to motherhood with Taylor by your side.

"Then stop being so paranoid. Everything you're worrying about is never going to happen. I swear to you, I'm never going to hate you or our baby. I love you both more than anything and I'm going to be with you through it all. Okay?"

"Okay." You said as you breathed out a sigh of relief. "I feel better now."

"Yeah? Think you can finally get some rest?" She asked with a smile as she kept your hand on your stomach.

"If you'll cuddle us, yes."

Us.

She loved hearing you say that.

"Anything for my babies." She smiled and leaned down to kiss your stomach.

You shared a quick kiss before getting up from the table and going back up to bed to finally get some rest now that you felt much better, all thanks to Taylor.