Moments

Sai was completely taken aback by Vinu's revelation about Satya's story. She felt a mixture of emotions - gratitude for Satya's kind words and guidance, relief that Vinu didn't harbor any resentment towards her and was calm and mature enough to give Satya's words a thought, and sadness over the fact that she had been unable to share the truth with her son for so many days.

Satya's advice was a blessing in disguise. She felt a weight lifted off her shoulders, knowing that her son loved her just as much as she loved him, regardless of their biological connection. Sai watched Vinu as he drifted off to sleep, his innocent face finally at peace. As much as she felt a sense of relief knowing that he was now aware of the truth about his birth but she was afraid that all this wouldn't last long.

As Sai crawled into bed, she felt a sense of peace wash over her, Vinu had taken the first step toward healing. She fell asleep with a sense of gratitude in her heart, knowing that she had a true friend in Satya. She made up her mind to express her gratitude for his friendship and support and promised to take Vinu to the hospital to thank him in person the next day.

The next day

Sai woke up early that morning. She walked to the window and looked outside, feeling the gentle breeze on her face. As she turned around, she saw Vinu and Savi sleeping peacefully in their beds. Sai quickly finished breakfast and woke up Vinu and Savi. She helped them get ready. She walked back into the room after serving breakfast to the kids, she took a deep breath and started practicing her thank-you speech in front of the mirror.

She had so many things to say to Satya, but every time she practiced, she felt like she was missing something. She knew that Satya had helped her in more ways than she could ever express, and she wanted to make sure that she conveyed her gratitude to him properly. After several rounds of practice, Sai finally felt satisfied with her speech. She took a deep breath of relief and headed out to the school to drop the kids off.

She finally arrived at the hospital. Sai saw Satya walk to his cabin from behind. She hid near a room, fearing to meet him. She knew he meant good but something was holding her back from seeing him. Sai spent the whole day avoiding Satya. Thankfully, they didn't have to collaborate that day. After what felt like an eternity, Sai's shift came to an end. She sighed and moved out of the cabin when she felt like she hit a rock. She frowned and looked up to see Satya standing with a wide grin.

"Toh, aaj meri acchi dost mujhse baat bhi nahi karna chahti hai, bas bhaagti jaa rahi hai, pata hai, main tumhare liye khaana bhi lekar aaya tha" he made a sad puppy face and settled himself on Sai's chair.

Sai shut the half-open door and saw Satya speaking. He was being dramatic as usual, but for some reason, her ears could not process his words. She stared at him with tear-filled eyes. Satya suddenly noticed her tearing up and moved towards her.

"Dr. Joshi, aap theek toh hain?" Satya tried to pacify her.

Sai completely broke down and sank to the floor. She cried her heart out, releasing all the tears she had been holding back for a long time. Satya kneeled down patiently, comforting her. She covered her face with her hands to control her sobbing but failed, unknowingly she leaned in front, hitting Satya's chest. She held his shirt tightly for support as her cries became louder. As an instinct his hands wrapped around her. She cried for at least 15 minutes before finally calming down. He let her cry it out, knowing that sometimes it was necessary to release all of the pent-up emotions. Finally, Sai's sobs quieted down, and Satya helped her stand up.

"Feeling a little better now?" he asked gently.

Sai nodded, still sniffling a bit. "I'm sorry, main nahi chahti thi ki."