Reality and Realisations

An excited Savi ran to her baba and exclaimed, "Baba, baba, Vinu dada jaldi chalo, mujhe kuch dikhana hai!" She eagerly pulled Virat and Vinu outside. Vinayak and Virat stepped out of the house and saw a brand-new black Maruti Ciaz parked in the driveway. They were both fascinated by the car.

Vinu asked "Woooww, yeh kinta cool hai!! Baba aapne bataya nahi ki hum naya gaadi le rahe hain?"

Virat responded "Car toh badiya hai, lekin yeh maine nahi mangvaya, Savi baada yeh kiski gaadi hai?"

Savi excitedly replied, "Aai lekar aayi hai. Ab hum sab saath mein jaayenge!"

Virat was surprised, "kya? Sai ne gaadi khareedli aur hum mein se kisi ko bataya tak nahi?" He wondered.

Savi nodded and dragged both Vinayak and Virat to the car. They inspected it closely and admired the sleek design and features.

Vinayak couldn't resist and asked, "Hum sab ek ride pe chalein, Baba?"

Virat smiled, "Pehle Sai ko aane do, hum chalenge" 

He saw Sai coming with her things, and approached her.

"Sai, nayi gaadi lene ki kya zaroorat thi? Roz main tum sab ko drop karta hoon na? Yeh bewajah kharcha kyun kar rahi ho?" Virat asked with concern.

"Isliye toh, Nagpur ke DCP se hamesha lift toh nahi maang sakti na? Aur yeh gaadi, maine apne liye khareedi hai, apni family ke liye. Mujhe kisi ki permission puchne ki zaroorat nahi hai," Sai said calmly but firmly. Virat felt terrible that Sai did not include him as a member of her family, a lone tear escaped his eyes.

Sai noticed that both Vinu and Savi were admiring the car and asked excitedly, "Ride pe chalein?" Vinu and Savi nodded enthusiastically. She took them for a ride while Virat felt worse as he was left alone.

All these things did not go unnoticed by Pakhi, who had mixed emotions. She felt a sense of relief that Sai was not paying much attention to Virat, but at the same time, she was scared of Vinu taking Sai's side. Pakhi realized that the dynamics of the Chavan household were changing, and it made her uneasy. 

Virat sat in his room, contemplating the recent events. He knew that his Kaku was right - being married to Pakhi while having feelings for Sai was not fair to anyone. His heart yearned to be with Sai and form a happy family with Savi and Vinu. Now that the entire Chavan family had grown closer to Sai, he knew it was time to make things right. He had to break ties with Pakhi and reveal his truth to Vinu. He decided to speak with Vinu first.

Lost in his thoughts, Virat suddenly realized that Vinu, Savi, and Sai had returned. He quickly made his way downstairs to join them. They were all discussing the car and how great of a driver Sai was. Kaku then asked Sai why she felt the need to purchase a new car when there were already plenty of cars in the house. Sai simply replied that those cars did not belong to her and that she was no longer a part of the family. This statement caught Virat off guard and he couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt wash over him.

That night, Virat finally found his chance to speak to Vinu while Pakhi was not around. He made Vinu sit in his lap and began, "Vinu, aapko ek baat bataun?" Vinu nodded.

"Lekin, promise karna ki aap puri baat sunoge," Vinu promised.

"Bohot saal pehle, tumhari doctor aunty aur main shaadi shuda the, hum dono saath mein isi ghar mein hua karte the, Sai meri jaan thi. Hum sab ek parivar banke khush the, Sai aur main bohot khush the ek dusre ke saath."

Vinu was shocked and rolled his eyes, "Yeh kya bol rahein hain baba? Aapki wife toh mumma hain na?" He refused to believe what Virat just said.

"Haan beta, ab meri wife Pakhi hai, lekin uss se pehle Sai meri wife thi, aur tum tab paida hue the jab mein aur Sai saath the, tum mere aur Sai ke bete ho Vinu." He took a breath of relief as he finally broke out the news to him.