19

The next morning Cassie woke up to a stream of sunlight on her face that came though the gap in the curtains. She heard the sound of people moving about and was about to get up when she remembered Daryl's arm was wrapped tightly around her. When she went to move again Daryl woke up and pulled her closer to him resting his head in the crook of her neck.

"Why you always trying to leave?" He asked as he began to place soft kisses up her neck. She let out a soft chuckle as he continued his actions before replying.

"I need to go get ready" she told him but he simply shaked his head and pulled her closer to him. She turned in his arms to kiss him. He moved his arms from around her waist to deepen the kiss but in doing so allowed Cassie to get out of his grasp and out of the bed. Once she was stood beside the bed she looked down to see Daryl looking up at her with a small pout.

"Oh cmon don't give me the puppy dog eyes" she told him turning away so he wouldn't be able to convince her to go back to him even though she wanted to.

"I don't have no puppy dog eyes" he told her but she simply shook her head.

"Yes you do and I am not going to fall for them" when she looked in the mirror that hung on the wall she noticed a red mark on the side of her neck. She let out a gasp when she saw it and turned to Daryl who smiled sheepishly."Daryl!" She scolded which caused him to burst out laughing. She let out her own laugh as well before going back to worrying about the mark.

"Im sorry" he said after he had stopped laughing even though they both knew he didn't really mean it. "You might want to wear a jumper or something"

"You should laugh more" she told him before leaving the room. "You look cute when you smile". After leaving the room she hurried to her tent before anyone saw her quickly changing into new clothes making sure she wore something that would cover the mark on her neck.

After leaving her tent she saw Daryl in a sleeveless shirt making his way carefully down the stairs of the house to his own tent preferring to be in his own space. When Cassie saw Andrea walk in to the tent she was ready to go over and stop her when Maggie appeared beside her.

"Hey fancy a peach? Jerky?" She offered. Cassie saw how worried Maggie seemed so she placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You alright Maggie?" she asked slightly concerned for her new friend. She hoped Glenn hadn't done something to offend Maggie as even though she loved her best friend she knew sometimes he could mean well but say the wrong thing.

"I'm fine completely fine you want one?" She replied hastily extending the basket towards Cassie who took two peaches with the intention of bringing one to Daryl. Maggie then hurried off towards Glenn,saying something,handing him the basket then walking off. She looked at Glenn who seemed anxious about something but she shrugged it off to just Glenn being Glenn.

When Andrea walked out Daryl's tent she approached Cassie knowing she needed to talk with her. "Hey Cassie" she called out causing her to spin around with an annoyed expression.

"What do you want Andrea?" She asked as the women made her way over. When she looked at Andrea's nose she saw a bruise beginning to form over the bride of her nose which made Cassie feel happy.

"Look I'm sorry for nearly killing Daryl all right? I just talked to him and we're good now so me and you don't need to be arguing" she said to which Cassie simply nodded and slipped past her walking to Daryl's tent.