4

As Rick left his tent buttoning up his police shirt Shane went over to him. Cassie knew he would try and convince Rick not to go but if there was one thing she knew about her brother it was that he was a very stubborn man. It was a quality both twins possessed.

"So that's it huh? Your just gonna walk off? Just to hell with everybody else?"

"I'm not saying to hell with anybody. Not you Shane Lori least of all. Definitely not Cassie"

"Tell them that."

"They know"

"We'll I don't. I don't okay Rick? So could you just. Could you throw me a bone here man? Could you just tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douchebag like Merle Dixon?" Shane was basically interrogating Rick at this point unable to get into his small head why Rick would go back for Merle.

"Hey choose your words more carefully" Daryl told Shane defending his brother against the man's words even through everyone knew he was right about Merle, Daryl included but he would rather die than admit to Shane being right.

"No I did douchebags what I meant" Shane said looking to Rick to try and convince him not to risk his life for the older redneck. " Merle Dixon. Guy wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst".

Rick started to explain why he had to go back for Merle. Cassie knew her brother and she knew he would feel guilty about it if he never went back for Merle.

"So you and Daryl thats your big plan?" Lori asked showing that she thought the two men weren't exactly a dream team.

"I'll come too" Cassie spoke up, stepping towards Rick.

"Cassie I can't ask you to do that" Rick told her not wanting to put his sister in harm's way again.

"Your not asking I'm offering" she told him. He knew no matter how hard he tried his sister was just as stubborn as him.Always had been so he gave her a nod and then turned to Glenn who was leaning against the dismantled sports car. He gave Glenn a look that made him realise rick wanted him to go too.

"Oh cmon"

"I know I've got Cassie but you both know the way and you've both been there before in and out said so yourself. It would be better having you both there. It's not fair of me to ask that I know that but I'd feel better with you along with Cassie. I know she would too,"he said, obviously meaning Lori.

Glenn took his hat off running a hand through his jet black hair. Cassie could see he was reluctant to come so she walked over putting an arm around his shoulder. "Oh cmon Glenn don't you want to go on a redneck rescue" Cassie asked with a chuckle.

"Fine but only cause it's you asking" Glenn reluctantly muttered to her putting his arm around her shoulder.

"That's just great. Now your gonna risk 4 men huh?"

"3 men 1 women" Cassie pointed our causing Shane to raise his hands in defence.

"Sorry Cas"

"4 men" T-dog corrected.

At hearing that Daryl let out a huff clearly unhappy with the team he was stuck with to save his brother but it wasn't like he had many options.

"My day just keeps getting better and better don't it?"

"You see anybody else here stepping up to save your brothers cracker ass?" T-dog asked Cassie furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry am I invisible to you"

"Sorry-other than Cas" T-dog corrected sending her an apologetic smile.

"That's five"

"It's not just five" Shane started at what Cassie knew was about to be a full on Shane rant. "Just know that, Rick. Come on, you saw that Walker. It was here. It was in camp. They're moving out of the cities. They come back, we need every able body we've got. We need 'em here. We need 'em to protect camp."