He's not so bad after all

Kataras POV (it was the next day)

What the heck was this tradition!?!Not allowing women to bend the way they wanted to,it was stupid who created this tradition!?!I want to strangle them to death!!!I was stomping around not really knowing where I was going.Untill I walked into someone ,I looked up and glared at the person I had walked into and it was no other than Prince Zuko.Great it was this asshole.He raised a brow at me and simply asked "Are you alright?" "Does it look like I'm alright?!?"I spat out  "No ,not really.May I know what is bothering you?" My glare intensified "oh just your stupid excuse of a tradition!!!Why can't women bend water the way they want to!?!Did you make this rule!?!To try to weaken the water tribe?!?" And that prince had the nerve to just blink at me a confused look on his stupid burnt face.He sighed and gestured for me to follow him and I did ,out of spite.He took me to this little oasis with a little one in the middle I never knew such green plants could grow im the North Pole "what is this place?" "This is the spirit oasis ,it's where Tui and La reside i come here to calm down or to just relax"he said while pointing at the pond,and when I looked in I saw two koi swimming around in it a black and a white.

 The prince sat down and patted the ground beside him so I sat there. "I know the fire nation has probably done terrible things to you which is probably why you can't trust me, and I understand I know how bad the fire nation is.I was hurt by them to,not just physically." He said while raising his hand to touch his scar. "In the fire nation I was also a prince" I instantly cut him off "WHAT" I got up  ,how could the prince of the fire nation be allowed to live here!?! "Please let me finish" he said panic in his eyes ".....fine but you mess up once and I'll be making your life a living hell" so I sat back down.He took a deep breath and continued "as I said I was the prince of the fire nation, but I wasn't really treated like one.Thevfire lord would beat me and yell at me for the smallest things,all I wanted was for him to be proud of me.Sometimes I would walk in on him beating my mother she would beg him to stop but he wouldn't.Her screams would echo down the halls of the palace.It wasn't just my mom who I would see him beat, I'd see him beat the maids ,the chefs the guards everyone.Untill one day I saw him burn one of our chefs alive.It was terrible,i think my mother knew that.That's probably why she ran away.It was to much for her to handle,but she left me and my little sister behind and her leaving just made the beatings worse.He already had his claws in my sister tainting her,she was always better no matter what.And then I was burned and banished ,And I always wonder what would have happened if mother stayed would things  have gotten better?Would Azula be ok?Would I be ok?Could she have taken us with her?Wasnt a mother supposed to protect her children?Why didn't she take us with her?.....Why?.."

 I was shocked by the end of his story, he was speaking frantically his breathing had faster up and his eyes were wide open and he was shaking.I didn't know a kid could handle all that. "Stop,you don't have to continue" I said in a small voice, I hadn't expected him to do this,but I felt as if it was only fair for me to share my story to. I put my hand on his shoulder "when I was younger some fire nation soldiers came to my tribe.They demanded that the water bender was given to them.Which was me.One of the soldiers came into our igloo.My mother pretended to be the water bender to save me and asked to be taken away,but the soldier said he wasn't in the mood to take prisoners and killed her,right in front of me.I felt so hopeless.I feel as if I could and should have done something.I should have tried to save her but I didn't because I was to scared to weak.Ever since I had tried to be better and tried to take up some of the space she left behind  but it was never the same.it would never be the same."

 he was looking at me now,I knew I was crying but I didn't care at the moment.Then he started to laugh "this war really has messed people up hasn't it?" I chuckled "yeah.... it has" then there was silence between us "you didn't have to tell me that you know" he simply smiled "I know.I wanted to"I was confused why tell the person who hated you this? "but why?" "You obviously hated me because I was fire nation so I told you my story,a story that would show you I was human to.That we all are, we all have our own similarities and problems." I nodded "Like both of us losing out mother due to this way" he looked saddened by but smiled "exactly" then there was silence again.He was right I was so blinded by anger that I was missing out on a really big point.We were all human,we all had feelings and the fire nation wasn't full of emotionless killers.There were good people to. "I'm sorry" I said "why are you sorry?" He seemed confused and I just simply sighed "I was being immature and mean to you for no reason.So I'm sorry,will you forgive me?" He smiled and stood out his hand "you are forgiven.Let's start again, I'm Prince Zuko of the northern water tribe who are you?" I smiled and took his hand and shook it "I'm Katara of the southern water tribe,nice to meet you Zuko" he was about to get up but I stoped him by hugging him.This seemed to startle him a bit but he recovered quickly and patted my back awkwardly.I smiled,he was Zuko.Not some fire nation killer, or some water tribe poser.He was just Zuko,I could see that now.When we pulled apart i simply said one thing "Sokka is a lucky man,I don't see what you see in the bartered but I'll support this ,just don't hurt him ok?And if he's ever a jerk to you just call me alright?" he turned beet red "Sure...yeah alright" then I offered him a hand and he took him so I pulled him up, and we walked out of the oasis. "I think I have taken up enough of your time after all dont you have a southern water tribe boy waiting for you?" "Oh I almost forgot thanks for reminding me!" He said before running off.I guess he wasn't to bad.

Little did Katara know two spirits were watching the entire thing one with white hair the other with black , they couldn't have been more proud of the two water benders.