Found on the ice

I have no idea how Chief Arnook acts so sorry if it's not accurate 😅

When he woke up he wasn't in the palace,he wasn't in the boat but he also wasn't in the sea.He couldn't keep out of trouble for two minutes could he?!?He just had to go up while there was a storm.Why couldn't he just power through?!?He wasn't weak!He was strong!Azula was just stronger ,that was the problem not him.Then it hit him.Where was he?He looked around and all he could  see was some ice ,ice ,ice ,ice and more ice.He was freezing .He suddenly remembered the fire bending trick his uncle had taught him and used that to keep warm.Then it hit him,where the hell was he?!?Where was uncle? was he safe?Was he hear to?He was cut out of his thoughts when he heard the sound of men yelling. 

"Chief Arnook the seals seem to have moved further  than they usually do,this isn't normal!" A man with blue eyes and dark hair said"Now, now I'm sure they just ran out of prey or something like that, no need to get so worked up about all this ,you'll make your hair turn gray,and your only in your late 20s." "But chief-" wined the other man "Chief Arnook!" Another voice came from the direction of the other voices.Zuko decided to get a look at these people.So he climbed onto one of the higher slabs of ice and peaked his head out to look at them.The men were whispering now so he couldn't hear so he leaned in more hopping to hear them.Untill the slab of ice he was on sank down far to quickly to be normal,and then he was at eye level with the men. "We spotted this boy spying on us ,he appease to be fire nation." The man who he assumed was the chief said "take care of him" an as soon as those words left the chiefs mouth water came jumping out of the sea forming sharp icecles,but Zuko moved quicker he too pulled water from the sea freezing it into a barrier to protect him.The icicles crashed into the barrier shattering on impact.The training he did with Uncle and Lu Ten when he was alive really came in handy now,he knew he was no professional but if it was enough for him to protect himself from attacks like that then he was content.

Then there was silence.One of the men who attacked him yelled "HE HAS THE GIFT OF TUI AND LA!?!" The rest of the men murmured to each other. "WHAT IS GOING ON!?!" "Ah C-chief Arnook he has the gift of Tui and L—" "He has their gift?" "yes sir,what shall we do about it?" the chief looked over at Zuko and seemed to think for a second,then stepped onto the piece of ice Zuko stood on.Zuko instantly got into a defensive position a look of determination filled his golden eyes.The chief razed his hands to his head to show he came in peace.He slowly took a step towards Zuko than another,and another untill he was in front of him.The chief got on a knee so he was eye level with Zuko and said "tell me what is a water bending fire nation citizen doing all the way out here?" Zuko straightened his back "........I didn't want to come here" the chief raised an eyebrow then stood out one of his hands for Zuko to take.He stared at the hand as if it had killed his mother before taking it hesitantly a scowl on his face as he did so. "I am Chief Arnook of the Nirthern Wter tribe and because you have the gift of Tui and La that makes you one of us"as soon as those words left the chiefs mauth the other men on the boat started protesting saying that they should just kill him before he informes the fire nation or to hold him hostage and question him "SILENCE"yelled Arnook "we are not barbarians ,by killing this child who has done no wrong make us one?Besides if we did kill this child would that not make us as bad as the fire nation who have killed numerous children?" He leveled each man with a questioning glare daring anyone to tell him he was wrong "......we apologize chief what are your orders?" "We're returning to the tribe.We have enough fish today,we can leave the seals for another day" "YES CHEIF" the men all said at the same time,but there was that one man who complained about not getting the seals and how Zuko was probably the reason they had moved.

He knew they were from the water tribe but no punishment ,really?His father would have gone and burnt down half the palace if someone dared to question one of his orders....but burning the palace wasn't the worst he had done.....he had one so much worse,an image of the burnt corpse of the chef flashed before his eyes.He shook it off quickly.What did the chief gain from keeping him alive?Truly no one would be so kind without some sort of other motive......right? "Well then what's your name little one?" He didn't answer ,the chief just sighed and looked at him "look kid we're not going to hurt you ok?I just want to know you a little so I can see how I can help you.So will you tell me your name?.....please?" "........z-zuko" curse his stuttering.You can't just stutter in front of someone who can easily kill you if they wanted to,you had to act confident and brave.....like Azula,Zuko shivered and it wasn't because of the cold."Zuko.......as in...prince Zuko?of the fire nation?" "Yes sir...." ".......he hurt you didn't he?It seems like something he'd do." "Who sir?" "Your father.I knew him for a little while.Never liked him.So tell me did he or did he not do this to you?" Said the chief while gesturing at his injured face.He seemed......genuine his smiles wasn't fake like Azulas or the ones his mother used to give him after she got punished ,it seemed to reach his eyes making him look younger than he actually was.And then he realized this man was.....nice,genuinely nice....he didn't want anything in return. "...yes....he did" he saw a flash of anger in the chiefs eyes before it disappeared just as fast. "Why don't you come with us?We can get one of our healers to take a look at you if you like?" Ok...so he had to options stay here with no food or clean water and freeze to death or go with this man he doesn't know to somewhere safer.He knew which one he was going to pick. "I'll go with you.....but if you try anything I'm sinking the boats....." the chief than had the decency to laugh "I'm sure you will little prince I'm sure you will"

Time skippppppp because I can

"Zuko?" "Yes Yue?" "Well I was wondering......." "Come on now spit it out" "welll..... would you like to be my brother?" "Your brother....." memories of Azula flashed through his mind ,ones of her standing there laughing at him holding a flame in her hand to show her superiority but he quickly shook it off "I'd love to!But what about the chief?" The Arnook suddenly came out from behind  the wall"Well Yue came and asked me already so....are you going to join the family?" "Yes....if you'll have me that is" he has forgotten how long it had been since he had been found on the ice,but he sure was grateful he was.Arnook smiled and opened his arms "well what are you waiting for?No hug for your new dad?" Zuko stood there for a second in shock.Hugging?His dad no...His old dad never let him hug him,but Arnook wasn't Ozai he could hug him.He could trust him.He rushed forward and hugged him tears in his eyes. "Thank you" the words being interrupted by a sob ever once in a while.He had a family again....a real one,not like the one he had in the fire nation this one wasn't all made of plastic and make believe this was real.He could prove himself as a worthy son and make up for all the mistakes he made at the fire nation.He will be more open,he'll laugh ,he'll smile and none of it would be fake"You're welcome young prince ,you're welcome."