What Changed?

When Zuko opened his eyes he was net with the icy light blue of his rooms walls of his own room.He instantly tried to sit up but failed miserably and flopped down back onto his bed and groans.Suddenly someone slammed the door open the person who entered just happened to be Sokka.They stared at each other for a few moments "uhh hi ?" he says.Sokka just stares at him mouth open "GUYS ZUKOS AWAKE!!!!!" he yelled.As soon as he does multiple hurried footsteps are heard coming running over.The door burst open again and Yue rushes in quickly followed by Iroh and the others. "Will you all stop slamming my door open" Zuko says voice full of annoyance. "No can do Zuko this is an emergency".Zuko squints and Yue and his eye widens "Yue.....Am I crazy or is your hair black?" He asks while rubbing his eyes trying to make himself more awake. "Yeah crazy am I right?I just woke up a few minutes ago.Doesnt look too bad does it?" She asks "No no you look great.Welcome to the black hair gang." He says. "Hmm nice to join you all" she says in return. "How are you feeling my nephew?". Iroh asks.Zuko stays silent, he really didn't want to interact with his uncle just yet.He must be so disappointed in him."Fine" he says not looking his uncle in the eyes. " Zuko....I know you might not want to see me right now but I just want you to know that I am so proud of the man you have become." Zuko looks at him in shock "what" Iroh smiles at him gently tears starting to form in his eye "I have been waiting to see which path you would choose when you grow up, hoping that you would make the right decision.Well I would have waited... But then you disappeared that night.I can't express how distressed I was after that, we tried looking for you everywhere.I never could have guessed that you would have ended up here of all places.I....They thought you were dead.I am so sorry Zuko , I may have made some bad choices after your disappearance that I regret.I can't express how happy I am right now Zuko.I am so proud of you." "Uncle.....thank you, I never....I never thought".Then suddenly Chief Arnook came in "Zuko Yue how are you both!!!I've been so worried"  "Dad!!!" Both Yue and Zuko yelled before running up to him "oh I'm so happy that you're both ok!" He said while hugging them both. "Oh wait Yue dad this is my uncle Iroh" Zuko said while pulling away from the hug. "He introduced himself when you were asleep" Yue said.

"Well Zuko....I think it's time for our ANSWERS" Sokka yells while pointing at him. "Ok so first of all you can bend fire what are you??Some I don't know knock of Avatar?!?" Zuko rolls his eyes at him "No I'm not some knock off avatar.I just have both bendings" "Wow so you really are just like me!Maybe if I was cut in half or something!" Aang said happily. "Wait so there's no explanation for this?" Katara said. "Well not really?I don't understand how this happened myself honestly?". "Wait.....if Yues hair turned white what happened to you?What changed?" Sokka asked.This was met with silence. "Hmm I don't know....I feel the same...I think?" "Can you till bend?" Yue asked.Zuko raised his hand and melted the ice that made up the chair Sokka decided to sit on. "Nope.That still works" Zuko said  "wait so then what changed?Something must have happened?" Katara said ignoring hee flailing brother. "Hmmm I honestly don't know" Zuko said.He said moving the water around in the air.Before it suddenly dropped.Startling Zuko "what just happened???" Zuko asks. "Zuko did something change?Are you  alright?" Chief Arnook asked worriedly. "I guess I am a bit thirsty right now" Zuko said still staring at the water."your....... thirsty?" Yue asked. "Yeah I mean....a bit" Zuko said. "I'll go get you some water" Katara said before leaving.

Katara soon came back with a cup of water and handed it to Zuko and he takes a sip "Hey so me and your uncle have been talking and Zuko we think you maybe can't......"  "Ok my theory is that Zukos has become a fish person!!Like maybe he cant live without water and will slowly get weaker and stuff until he.....dies......yeah ok it could be better." Sokka says looking dejected at the end.Yue shoots Sokka a concerned look " well as I was saying Zuko could you maybe try bending again right now?" "Uh sure but I don't know how that would change anything" Zuko waves his hands again and the water that was previously on the ground started to float off of the floor again. "It is as I thought" Iroh said "Zuko it seems that you can only bend water when you are hydrated".Zuko blinks once, then twice "what".