Into the sea

When he woke up he wasn't in his room or anywhere in the palace at all.Where was he?How long had it been?He got up and realized oh...he was on a ship ,why was he on a ship?The cool of the metal floor on his bare feet made him shiver.Why was he here?Last thing he remembered was......being burned.by his father.He held his hand up to the left side of his face.All he felt was the bandage placed there but it still stung even with such a slight touch.He could heal it right?Oh who was he kidding it was probably to late and it would still scar if he used his magic water stuff.Why did he listen to that strange presence?They put him in this situation this was all their fault!All theirs!If it wasn't for them he wouldn't be in a ship for who knows what reason!He wanted to be mad forever to punch something ,to lash out and yell and cry all at once.This was to much for him to handle. He stomped to the door and threw it open.And there his uncle stood looking down at him with concern written all over his face. "Prince Zuko you should not be up right now you need your rest ,especially after what you just went through" "Uncle why are we on a ship?Whats going on?How long have I been out?" His uncle didn't reply the silence coming from his Uncle only made him panic more "Uncle?" "I'm sorry nephew..." "what do you mean uncle?" "Your father has banished you from the fire nation ,you are to hunt down the avatar if you wish to return home....."Zukos world just went crashing down at that very moment....banished?No....no...nonononono this couldn't be happening he couldn't be banished could he?This was almost as bad as when mom left...almost. 

"Nephew I know this is a lot to handle especially for someone you age but do not worry I will be with you every step of the way......"his uncle seemed to get an idea you could almost see the lightbulb light up above his head "Why don't I teach you a fire bending trick?You'll need to know it ,it will help you survive in the place we're heading"  "but I can't bend uncle" "Sure you can!You have been doing it for years!Just without noticing.I've seen the lamps flare when your angry ,seen them dampen when you are upset and I've seen them dance when you're happy.You are a fire bender Zuko.Just look within yourself and only then will your true self reveal themselves " look within himself?his true self?what did all of that mean?How would that help?Well it was worth a shot.Zuko closed his eyes and after what felt like hours he saw something.A flame it was small but it was there it grew when he inhaled and shrank when he exhaled.He cupped the flame between his hands and watched as it grew and shrank with his breath.When he opened his eyes the first thing he saw was the look of pride that was on his uncles face "congratulations nephew you are now a true fire bender" he looked down and saw the small flame cupped between his hands.He smiled he was a fire bender....but he was a water bender to.did his uncle know?Was it normal to have two types of bending?He will just save those questions for later. "I did it uncle I'm a fire bender!!!Im really a fire bender!!!" "Yes you are nephew.Yes you are. I'm  so proud of you!Now how about that fire bending trick I was going to teach you?"

After Zuko finally mastered the fire bending trick Iroh die died to teach Zuko how to play Pai Sho despite his protests untill. "GENERAL IROH A STORM IS COMING AT US AND FAST WHAT SHALL WE DO SIR?!?" yelled a crew member after he slammed open the door "how much time do we have untill the storm hits us?" "About 20 minutes at best sir." "Tell the rest of the crew that we're heading for the eye of the storm it should be calmer there." "Yes sir!" The man then ran off. "Nephew stay here and don't come out untill I say so" "yes uncle but-" "no buts promise me Zuko" "I promise......" "good now I have to go stay safe Zuko" "you to uncle" his Uncle left the room and gently closed the door.This was stupid.This was so stupid.He shouldn't be here?Why should he be here?He should be at home in the palace....but then again no one really wants him there.Maybe he was better of here instead with uncle.

The ship suddenly started to rock dangerously.Everyting in the room started to shift with the room.The rocking caused Zuko to fall to the ground with a graceless thump.Was the storm here already?It haddent even been 15 minutes since his uncle had left.Was his uncle ok?He had to go check on him!But he told him to stay in his room?But what if he's hurt and needs my help!No uncles strong he'll be ok.Lightning cracked in the background as he argued with himself.Lightning sounded again and Zuko jumped.He hated lightning he hated it.Ever since he saw his father use it to....to....zap a cook who he believed was trying to poison him.He saw the look of fear in the cooks eyes before the lightning hit,the sounds of their screams sounded in his ears long after they had finished,the smoke lifting and revealing a burnt body blood pooling around it the blood was so dark it made the throne rooms carpets look pale in comparison.Lightning sounded again.He needed uncle.He needed him NOW.Uncle always knew how to make the fear go away.

So he ran out of his room.He tried to steady himself on the wall in the hallway the rocking of the ship making it difficult to get to the end.He climbed up the stairs on all fours as he would have been thrown back if he had gone up with just his feet .He was on the deck now the sky a eerie gray rain falling from the sky soaking him to the bone the deck looking shiny covered in water,Lightning struck again,an image of the cooks blood pooling around him flashed in his mind.No.No this was water not blood,Not blood.He started to shake he needed his uncle. "UNCLE?" He yelled over the roaring wind he felt cold he wore no shoes and only a thin flimsy shirt covered his upper half. "ZUKO?I TOLD YOU TO STAY DOWN IN THE SHIP?GET DOWN ITS TO DANGEROUS HERE" a huge wave hit the ship tossing Zuko to the edge of the ship. "UNCLE HELP ME" "ZUKO!!!" 

That was the last thing he heard before being tossed into the sea.He tried to swim out but the currents were strong and he was to weak his body was knocked around like a punching bag by the waves.Then he started to sink.His life sucked, why was he so unlucky?He failed to listen to his father and even after being burned he still didn't listen when his uncle told him to stay in his room.He suddenly saw a man with dark hair and deep ocean blue eyes descending into the sea with him.The odd thing was that the man didn't swim he seemed to float down to him,did he know this man?He seemed so familiar.The person wrapped their arms around him and he was slowly pulled up.The sea water started to fill his lungs.He couldn't breath.He should have stayed in his room,he should have listened to his uncle the uncle he would never see again.He cried his tears mixing with the salty sea water.Then everything went black once more.