Chapter 6

"LADY TSUNADE!!" Temari yelled barging into the Hokage office.

Tsunade who was busy addressing the Jounin and their teams on the upcoming Jounin promotions was startled to say the least.

"What the hell?!"

Temari brought down her tone before bowing.

"I am sorry for my earlier tone, but it's urgent"

"What now?" Tsunade said rubbing her temples.

"Tsunagakure has ... been destroyed, I'm the only one left"

The whole room turned to her with wide eyes.

"What do you mean destroyed?!" Kiba asked.

"Yes, I would like to know as well" Tsunade asked ignoring Kiba's intrusion.

"It happened in an instant, our shinobi, civilians, everyone was gone, even my brothers ... they all ... died" she said as tears fell freely.

"H-how did that happen?" Kurenai asked.

"I don't know ... One moment it was there and the next ... Everything was gone"

"Aren't there any ruins, debris, or anything that could give a clue?" Sasuke asked joining in the conversation.

"No, it's like I said, nothing's there ... It's all sand ..."

Shikamaru's eyes widened in horror and realization.

"Oh no..."

The others turned to him because he never had such an expression on his face before.

"What's the matter Shikamaru" Sakura and Ino asked.

"It all makes sense now, there's only one person with the power to do that, it seems he's back"

All of them had the same realization as their thoughts went to one person.

"Naruto..." Kakashi said with dread. He was back.

*****************************

"So Naruto-kun, how are you feeling now? Any better?" Orochimaru asked. Naruto nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I'm fine now, though I feel funny"

"With my genetic manipulation I have given you the genes of the most powerful shinobi to walk the earth, their kekkei genkai and chakra. You also have the ability to steal kekkei genkai, call it new power that was discovered. With this power you can get kekkei genkai like the sharingan, Byakugan and others scattered around the elemental nations"

"I guess I have to find them myself then right?" Naruto asked tiredly inspecting his body.

"Whatever you want Naruto-kun, you're already the pinnacle of power and destruction, you could already take on the other villages like this"

"Still ... Just to make sure, I'll hunt every kekkei genkai user down, starting with ... Itachi Uchiha".

A sick grin formed on Orochimaru's face as he licked his lips.

"A very good choice ... It will give you the opportunity to truly test your power, unlike with Tsunagakure, all it took was a single move and that was it"

Naruto nodded getting up. "Well might as well just get it over with"

"Good luck Naruto-kun" Orochimaru hissed. Naruto put on his cloak and vanished from sight.

Back in the leaf village, there was a state of panic and dread in the Hokage office.

"Naruto ... I thought he died or something" Kiba said with honesty.