Chapter 9 - Too Far Away to Be Together

(Btw, I'm adding a new point of view during this chapter. This POV will be in some of the later chapters too)

Allison's POV
After we got back home from Montreal, I decided to tell my brother about my feelings towards Cole. If anyone should know, it's him. I used to keep secrets from Quinn and Luke all the time, but I would always share my secrets with Jack.

We're twins and I'd feel bad not sharing my secrets with my built in best friend.

Jack and I usually leave the arena around the  same time every day so we normally just drive one car up to work.

Today, Jack is driving so we're in his car. I figure that today is the day to tell him about Cole.

"Jack, I have something to tell you." I say. My brother looks over at me for a second before looking back at the road.

"What's up?"

"I think I'm in love with Cole,"

Jack's POV
I abruptly stop in front of a green light and someone beeps at me. I ignore the person and resume driving.

I look over at my sister and then back at the road, still shocked by my sister's words.

I had only talked to Cole two days ago, but it feels like ages since I heard him say that he's in love with my sister. Hearing her say that she loved him back didn't sit right with me.

"You're... in love with Cole?" I question, stumbling over my words. Allison nods.

"Yeah. I fell in love with him two years ago and I've never told him. I just love how sweet he is to me. I mean, he cared about me when mom and dad didn't, you know?" she explains. I bite my lip in worry.

"Yeah. Totally. I get it,"

"Good. Do you think I should tell him?" I ask.

I hate when my sister dates. I'm overprotective so I don't trust any of the guys she dates. Plus, if she tells Cole that she likes him and he tells her that he likes her back, she might move to Montreal, leaving me alone in New Jersey. So, I say something that I'm not too proud of.

"No. You shouldn't. I mean, the relationship wouldn't work out." I say. Allison frowns.

"Why not?"

"Well, he lives in Montreal and you live here in Newark. That's a big transition. I mean, you'd never be able to talk to each other in person except during off season. That's a long time to be away from each other, Allie." I explain. Allison looks down at her shoes and then back up at me.

"You're probably right. Thanks for being honest with me, Jackie." Allison mutters. I nod.

"Of course,"

After that day, I regretted absolutely everything I said to Allison.

Allison's POV
Fast forward six months and I'm dating someone in an attempt to push Cole out of my mind.

The guy's name is Ethan and he's really nice. He's a cop at the Newark Police Department.

I met him one morning when I went to Starbucks to get my brother and I's morning coffee.

Jack and Quinn don't like him, but they've never liked any of the guys I've dated anyways.

One night, I was at Ethan's house and we were making out. Just as Ethan's lips traveled to my neck, I felt a ping of dread in the pit of my stomach.