Chapter 15 - The Hughes Brothers In Montreal

Allison's POV
Cole told me that we're going somewhere fancy for dinner so I dress up in a floor length red dress and curl my hair so it comes down in waves.

When I come out of my room all dressed up, Cole has a big smile on his face.

"Wow. You look amazing," he says. My cheeks redden and I smile.

"Awww. Thanks Cole. You don't look too bad yourself," I comment, nodding to the suit and tie that Cole's wearing.

I can tell that Cole's blushing too although he's trying to hide it.

"Ready to go?" Cole asks.

"Yeah. Let's go," I reply, linking arms with Cole.

*

Cole takes me to a fancy Italian restaurant. A valet even takes Cole's car for us.

After dinner, we go back home. I turn up the radio in Cole's car, jamming out to More Surprised Than Me by Morgan Wallen.

"But nobody buys it when we walk in. They say there ain't no way that she could be with him. In a world where nothing is what it seems, ain't no more surprised than me."

Cole smiles and laughs.

"You're a great singer, Allie." He comments. I snort.

"Yeah right. Jack and I may not have a lot in common, but I know that both of us have equally bad singing voices." I mutter. Cole sighs and shakes his head.

"Well, then I might be tone deaf because I think your singing is beautiful."

"Awww. That's sweet," I say, looking over at Cole with a big smile on my face.

Cole's POV
When we get home, Allie falls onto the couch dramatically.

"I don't know why I'm so tired. It's only like seven o'clock, but I'm beat. You wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure. We can do a pj and movie night like Trev and Jess do," I suggest. Allie smiles.

"Okay. I'll go change into my pajamas then. Hey, speaking of it being seven o'clock, you wanna watch my brother's hockey game instead of a movie? I think Jack and Quinn are playing against each other tonight," she explains. I shrug.

"Sure. We can watch the Devils versus Canucks game. I'll pull it up on the tv,"

I turn on the tv and search for the game before finally finding it. Right now, the game is still at 0-0 since it just started.

Allie comes out of her bedroom wearing a New Jersey Devils shirt and a pair of Vancouver Canucks pj pants. I wrinkle my nose in disgust at her outfit combo.

"What? My brothers are both playing tonight. I gotta represent," she says with a smile. I shrug.

"I guess I can allow that. I'm gonna go change in my pjs,"

I change into my pjs and go back out to the living room to find Allie sprawled out on the couch.

I stand in front of her and she frowns.

"Hey. You're in my way. I'm trying to watch the game," she whines, reaching out to try to push me away.

"Sit up, so I can sit next to you." I comment. Allie sighs in exasperation and sits up.

I sit next to her and she lays back down, her head settling in my lap. I smile and carefully stroke Allie's long brown hair. I thought she would say something about me touching her hair, but she doesn't.

*

The game ends up goes into overtime with the Devils and Canucks tied 3-3.

Not even a minute into overtime, Jack gets a goal for his team and the Devils win. Allie and I both stand up and cheer for her brother.