ʇɥƃᴉƎ-ʎʇuǝʍꓕ ɹǝʇdɐɥϽ

Owen L/N was racing through the streets to get to the hospital. He had just gotten a phone call from his daughter that her mom, his wife,'s heartbeat was dropping and the doctors had pushed her out of the room.

Owen parked his car as he stepped out of the vehicle and ran inside the hospital. He ran up the stairs to the third floor as he walked through the doors of that level.

The man looked around as he heard 'dad' being called out to him. He turned around and ran towards his daughter. "Cassie! Are you okay?" he asked as she nodded. "Yes, but mom--" she attempted before she began to cry into her father's shoulder.

"It's okay, peanut." Owen promised as he hugged the redhead.

Owen looked up to see a doctor coming out of the room Cassie had been standing in front of. The doctor put a hand on his forehead as Owen stood up and started walking towards him.

"L/N family?" the doctor asked as he turned towards the father and daughter walking up to him.

"Yes." Owen nodded as Cassie held his hand tightly in her own. "Is my mom going to be okay?"

"And the baby." Owen quickly added on. "Are my wife and the baby okay?"

"We managed to successfully get the baby out of his mother." the doctor explained. "He'll be alright."

"And my wife?" Owen asked. "Please tell me--"

"Dad?" Cassie spoke up as she saw two more doctors coming out of the room her mom was staying in.

The first doctor turned towards them as one of the pair shook his head.

"No." Owen breathed out as the first doctor turned back to him. "I'm sorry, sir. We did everything we could." he looked down to the ground as he finished his sentence.

"What-- What happened?" Cassie asked as she looked up at her dad.

"I'll give you some privacy." the doctor stated as he walked back toward the two other doctors.

"Cassie..." Owen began as he crouched down to her level. "Mom... she's--"

"No." Cassie shook her head as her father attempted to calm her down. "No, she can't-- She can't be--"

"I'm sorry, peanut." Owen softly said.

Cassie was beginning to cry as she shook her head in denial. "No. She's still here. She's behind those doors." she attempted to walk over to the door as Owen put his arms around her in a hug. "No. No. No! Mom! Please! Please, mom! Please..." she pleaded as her legs gave up on her and she fell into her father's arms.

●○●

Y/N opened the door as he let Emma walk through and inside his house. He closed the door behind him as the two were greeted by Y/N's dad. "Hey, kids." Owen smiled at them. "How was the match?"

"Jason said cringy stuff to my sister." Emma said as she let herself fall down onto the couch. "Other than that, pretty good."

"Lucas scored the winning one." Y/N softly smiled at his dad. "How was it here? Are you feeling any better?"

"No, still the same." Owen shook his head.

Y/N still had hopes that the doctors were just wrong. That his dad in fact didn't have cancer and they just made a mistake. But that hope grew lower and lower as the days went by.

"Is it okay if Emma sleeps here?" Y/N asked as Owen nodded. "Sure. Just not in the same bed." he said as he gave a smile to his son.

"Okay." Y/N chuckled. "Night, dad."