Aang finds out

This was it. The war was over. Aang defeated the fire lord and the comment had passed.

Aang regrouped with his friends back at the fire lord throne, where they decided to meet so they could deem Zuko fire lord as soon as possible and no one else could pull a trick from up there sleeve like declaring azula or a council member emperor.

When Aang made it to the room, everyone was already there. Zuko looked injured and was sitting on the floor, against a wall, holding his stomach. Where he was hit with lightning.

Sokka was crying onto Suki.

Toph had a small crater around her where she stomped her foot in frustration. Arms were crossed and she had a frown on her face, eyes covered by her hair more intentionally than before. Was she crying too?

"What's going on? We won?"

Sokka wiped tears from his eyes, pointing an accusing finger with more most rage and seriousness  Aang had ever thought possible for the usually sarcastic boy, "Ask him."

Aang looked back at Zuko, a swirling feeling in his gut. Something was seriously wrong. Wasn't he... wasn't he paired up with Katara? "Where is she."

Zuko looked away and tried to sit up better. "I..."

Aang stormed over and grabbed him by the collar, "Where is she?!"

"I don't know! I'm sorry! I protected her, I did! But something happened that I can't explain!"

"Where is Katara?!"

"She disappeared! She and azula! It might have been one of her tricks?? I don't know! I did my best but azula fights dirty!"

Air swirled around Aangs body, eyes and tattoos glowing. The others looked up, worried for the boy and what he could do. Usually Katara would be the one to fix this, but she wasn't here right now so it was up to them.

Suki yelled, "Aang! I'm sure she's okay! She's strong!"

Tears fell from the Avatars eyes, "You let Katara dissapear?!"

Zuko clutched his injured stomach, tears also falling from his eyes. It's not like he wanted this to happen. It's not like he didn't miss her too. He jumped in front of lightning for her. That wasn't nothing. But it wasn't like Aang was in a state to listen to his sorry excuses right now, "Im sorry! There was nothing I could do!" He could very well get killed for his mistake.

"Aang, stop it!" Toph shouted. "What would Katara think?!"

He didn't care what Katara would think. She wasnt here to think anyway. She was gone. Maybe even dead. He and her were supposed to live happily ever after once the war was over. But it was taken from him. She was taken from him.

Sokka let go of Sukis embrace, wiping some snot off his nose with the back of his hand, pushing her in the direction of Toph. "What are you doing!?" Suki shouted, worried as he walked straight towards Aang who was floating up in the air in the avatar state.

"What I have to do to end this war." He stood in front of Aang, looking at his eyes. This wasn't their worried friend or a sad lover. This was fury in a pure form.

Sokka clenched his fist and pulled back, hitting him square in the jaw.

The wind stopped. Aang fell to the floor. His tattoos stopped glowing and his eyes closed shut.