Lonely - Lordgaruku

TW // idk divorce?

A/N: for the sake of the story, wade lives in california

{ Gar's POV }

Gar sat in silence as he listened to the desperate cries of the man on the other side of the phone call. "Please, Gar, I've asked everyone else and no one wants to let me stay at their place. It's only gonna be a few days until I can find a place, just..." Wade paused to catch his breath. He had previously explained that Molly had divorced him and had kicked him out of their home. Gar was honestly surprised that Wade thought to contact him at all. He briefly looked around his house, he would definitely have some cleaning up to do, but he was actually sort of excited at the idea of having someone else live with him after so long of being alone. "Wade, of course you can stay at my place. Do I need to come pick you up, where are you right now?" Gar asked. "That... that would be great. I'm at that park with the pond near my house, can you drive here?" Wade explained. "Yeah, I'll be over there in a bit" Gar said and hung up, instantly getting up from the couch he was sitting on and started cleaning up.

Gar pulled up into the very small parking lot next to the park, almost instantly seeing Wade waiting on a bench inside the park. He opened his car door and called out to him, Wade turning around and walking over to the car. "Sorry again, I just didn't know where else to go" Wade apologized as the two got inside the car and Gar took it out of park. "You don't have to apologize, I'm honestly kinda glad to have company" Gar said, saying the last part a bit quieter. The two were basically silent the rest of the ride, Gar deciding to let Wade have some time to think as he was still obviously very saddened by the situation.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Gar said sarcastically as the two walked into the house, Gar putting his car keys on a table near the entrance. "Huh... I just realized I've never actually been to your house, have I?" Wade said, looking around. "Yeah... your house always seems like the communal meeting place for us" Gar said. "We can go to my room and play some mario kart or something, unless you want some time to be alone..?" He added. "No, I need a distraction" Wade said with a saddened smile as he walked with Gar further into the house and into Gar's bedroom.

A/N: i'm lazy & this would be boring to write so time skip to where they fell asleep. they just kinda play games & hang out for the day

Gar sat upright in his bed with a huff of frustration after trying to go to sleep for the past hour, to no avail. He rubbed his eyes as he got out of the bed and sleepily walked out of his room, aiming on getting a glass of water from the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks as he heard quiet crying as he passed the spare room that Wade was sleeping in. His heart broke for the man. Gar continued walking to the kitchen a bit faster, now having a plan in mind. He quickly got two packets of hot chocolate powder from his pantry and got to work making two mugs of hot cocoa. He ripped open the first packet and dumped it into a red mug that he had picked out, then added the amount of milk that the instructions had listed. He repeated the process and put the two mugs into the microwave, starting it. Gar almost fell asleep waiting, but was slightly startled awake by the microwave going off. He happily got the two mugs out and very slowly and carefully walked to Wade's room, trying not to spill them. He carefully moved one mug out of his right hand and held it with his other arm, thankfully the drink not being that hot, and softly knocked on the door. "Wade?" Gar asked. "Come in" Wade responded quietly, sniffling. Gar opened the door and switched the mug back to his hand. He sat down on the floor next to the air mattress that Wade was sitting on and handed the red mug to Wade, who had a slightly confused look on his face. "I uh... heard you crying, so I made us hot chocolate" Gar explained, then took a small sip out of his blue mug. Wade smiled. "Thank you Gar." He said quietly and took a sip of his hot cocoa.
"I know what it's like to be alone." Gar said after a few seconds of silence. "I wish I didn't." Wade said, almost to himself. A few more seconds of silence passed, Gar running his finger along his mug in thought. "You don't have to be" Gar said, causing Wade to look at him with confusion. "What do you mean?" He asked. Gar looked up to look him in the eyes. "Do you wanna stay here, Wade?" He asked the taller, Wade's face seeming to get redder in the darkness of the room. "I..." Wade started, then stopped as he looked for what to say. "Do you mean..." He paused again.
"Yes, I love you Wade. I... I wanna live with you. I want to make sure you're never sad like this again, yes that is what I mean..." Gar said, laughing a little as he explained. "I never knew how to say this to you, I never thought I could. I- I just-" Gar's now tearful rambling was cut off by Wade silently leaning forwards and letting their lips connect. Gar was caught off guard, but soon kissed back, melting into the embrace. It seemed as though a weight was lifted from the room, only being replaced by love, happiness, and passion.
Wade then leaned back, Gar looking back into Wade's dark brown eyes. "Yes, I'll be your boyfriend." Wade said, Gar smiled and looked at the floor. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear that."