;07;

Esmè sat in the flat and sighed as she looked to her phone and sighed. She knew how hard that things were and how it wasn't easy.

Esmè knew how she was trying to make it work but it wasn't easy

She knew how she had ended it with Patrick. She knew it was for the best. But she knew that he didn't want to take no for an answer and she hated it.

Esmè knew how she had to end it to protect her family and what had happened with mac. She knew that she couldn't let the truth come out and it scared her. She wanted it all to be okay.

Esmè knew how she couldn't risk having grace going to jail for what she did. And she knew girl she had to keep Patrick as far away as she could.

"Are you okay?" Grace asked as she walked into the room and looked to Esmè

Esmè sighed. "Patrick keeps calling me. I have no idea what to say or what to do. It's a mess," she said as she ran her hands through her hair and sighed.

She knew it was a mess and that she didn't know what to think over it all.

"You don't need to do this you know," Grace said.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "I had to end it. Not just because of what happened. But because of the mess of it all. I can't be the other woman. And it's just too much I mean too much has happened," she said as Grace looked to her and smiled.

****

Esmè walked through the village. She sighed as she saw Patrick as he walked over to her. She looked to him and sighed. "What are you stalking me now?" She asked.

Patrick looked to her and rolled his eyes.  "No I just wanted to talk to you," he said.

Esmè sighed. "About what?"

Patrick looked to her. He sighed. "You know what Esmè. Don't play dumb. It doesn't suit you. You know that there is something going on with us. You and I both know it and you just end it. There had to be a reason. And it's not to do with Maxine. It never bothered you before," he said.

Esmè looked to him and sighed. "Who knows. Maybe I got a reality check," she said.

The two of them looked to each other before she walked off. Patrick looked to her and sighed.

****

Esmè got back to the flat and sighed. She walked into her room. She sighed as she grabbed the pregnancy test that she had just bought. She sighed as she looked to it.

Esmè didn't know how she felt about this. She was scared that she could be pregnant. She knew how she and Patrick hadn't been safe and she was scared.

She was scared as she had no idea what to do. She knew that it was a mess. And she didn't know what to do if she was pregnant after all that had happened.

But could she really be pregnant?