;03:

Esmè sat in James' flat. She smiled as Grace walked in and looked at her. "Are you going to work?" Grace asked as Esmè nodded. "I'm not telling you what to do. But you do need to be careful when it comes to Patrick. He has a girlfriend after all," Grace said.

Esmè looked to her and smiled. "I know Grace. But there's nothing going on. He's just my boss. And it's nothing more," Esmè said.

Grace nodded. "I'm glad. Look. Maxine accused him of beating her. And I don't want you to get too close to him. I don't want him to hurt you. You deserve better than that."

Esmè smiled. "There's nothing going on. Besides haven't you got a boyfriend to screw?" Esmè said as she looked at her.

Grace smirked and looked at her. "Who said he was my boyfriend?" Grace asked.

"Oh please. The way you two were at it last night. He is definitely your boyfriend," Esmè said.

Grace looked to Esmè and sighed. She smiled as she sat down next to her sister. "He's great. But it scares me. I know he keeps me safe from dad," Grace said.

Esmè nodded. "Trust me. That monster needs to pay."

****

Esmè got to work and sighed to herself as she saw Patrick. All she could think about was what Grace had said. And how he had been accused of beating Maxine. It made her look at him differently and she didn't like it. It worried her.

Patrick walked over to her and smiled. "Morning."

"Yes it is," Esmè said as she walked off into the office.

Patrick looked at her and frowned as he walked after her. "Is everything okay?" He asked.

"You tell me. You beat Maxine?" Esmè asked as she looked at him. She was angry.

Patrick sighed and looked into her blue eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't want you to know. I'm not perfect and I've made some mistakes. But I'm trying to become a better person. But I would never hurt you," Patrick said.

Esmè sighed. "I have already been hurt by one monster. I can't go through it again," Esmè said.

Patrick grabbed her arm and smiled. "Who hurt you? I promise. I would never hurt you," he said as he looked at her.

Esmè sighed and nodded. "My father. And you can't make that promise," she said as she went to walk off.

Patrick pulled her close and smiled. "I can because I mean it," he said as they held a look.

Patrick leant in and kissed her. Esmè froze for a moment as she kissed him back. The kiss got more passionate. Patrick picked her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

He took her over to the desk as he cleared it off. He dropped her onto it. Patrick ran his hands up her thighs pulling off the thong that she had on. Esmè unfastened his belt. She grinned as he pulled her close and pushed into her causing her to moan out loud as he started moving in and out of her.

****

Esmè got to the dog. She wanted to see Marnie. She walked into the flat as she saw Grace and Warren. Esmè could see that they were hiding something.

Esmè felt her stomach drop as she saw Mac on the ground face down with a knife in his back. "What the hell happened?" Esmè asked.

Grace looked to her and sighed. "He attacked me. I freaked. He's dead. I killed him," Grace said as Esmè looked to her sister and paled.

Not believing what she was hearing.