Beware X Of X Prisoners

After the long and boring explanation, you sat towards the back where it was dark. There was no way you were going towards the edge, too high up. You couldn't even see the bottom!

Soon after you sat down, the guys started voting on who would go first. They were taking forever, so you volunteered.

"That's actually not a bad idea." Kurapika stated truthfully.

"What do you mean 'good idea'? She's a lady and ladies shouldn't have to fight!" Leorio argued.

"Leorio, I'm pretty sure you've heard of the term 'ladies first'." Killua cut in with a smirk.

"I-" The man didn't have anything to fight back with.

You smiled. "Great, so I can go?"

They all nodded.

"Yay!" You exclaimed and headed down toward the small arena.

You had to admit, you didn't actually want to fight on a platform in the center of absolutely nothing. What if you fell? You shook the thoughts away and studied your opponent. He was tall, tan man with scars -- you assumed they were from fights. You weren't worried. He didn't seem dangerous nor did he give off a bad guy vibe.

"I propose a death match." The prisoner spoke up first.

"'Kay, if that's what you want." You agreed cheerily.

"Your'e agreeing?" He questioned somewhat shocked.

You nodded and a small beep signaled for the match to start. You pulled out the small dagger you had threatened Hisoka with a few days prior and hid it in your sleeve. This should be fun. You thought excitedly. The stranger charged at you, hands outstretched. You easily dodged by sliding under him and stabbed him in the back with the blade.

"H-how?" The scarred man asked in slight pain.

Your fake cheery smile quickly turned into a sadistic one. You hoped the people on your side wouldn't turn against you later on in the phase. It would be terrible if you had to fight them now. They were weak.

That's beside the point - the prisoner turned to you and reared his arm back and clenched his fist. As soon as he released the punch, you raised you hand and caught his fist. Then, you kicked him in the stomach hard. The action made him slide back a little. He grunted and looked at you determined.

"What? You are way too easy to read." You stated.

The fight continued. You managed to land multiple attacks on him, leaving bruises and cuts along the way. Your opponent was now laying on the ground in pure agony. You licked the blood off your index finger and giggled. You loved this a little too much.

"What's s-so funny?" The man choked out.

"You." You simply replied in a hushed tone with a wink.

You took a few steps toward the prisoner and kicked him once more. He yelled -- clearly in pain -- and coughed up some blood. The thick, red liquid spilled onto the cold tile and formed a small puddle. You let out a small sighed and looked down at the pitiful mess of a man.

"I give. You're pain has given me much pleasure, and to that I thank you. Plus, I have faith in three of those four." You said pointing back at the ledge.

Another beep was heard, ending the match. A small one appeared on the enemy's side and you walked back toward your group. They tensed and looked at you with fear and shock. Well, minus Killua. He seemed pretty relaxed.

"What was t-that?" Leorio questioned, his voice shaking.

"I got a little carried away, sorry." You mumbled before sitting back in the corner again.

-- timeskip --

You are now sitting in a locked room with the four boys. You've stayed alert since you found out what Kurapika's goal was. There was no way you would let someone as pathetic as him kill your family!

You sat cross-legged on the small sofa next to Killua. The former-assassin was happily munching on some chocolate you had in your pocket. You couldn't help but fangirl on the inside over how adorable he was while in his happy place. You smiled softly at the boy and relaxed slightly. In all honesty, you were getting sort of tired.

"What time is it?" You questioned before letting out a small yawn.

"Well, considering the time we arrived and how long it must've taken us to get to this point-" Kurapika was cut off by an irritated Leorio.

"It's dark out." The old man finished quickly.

You clicked you tongue against the roof of your mouth and stood up. You began to stretch your arms and back as Gon fixed up the medium-sized futon you, him, and Killua would be sharing. Killua finished the chocolate and stood up as well. He, however, did not stretch. The white-haired teen walked towards where you three would sleep and helped his best friend. You joined them, but they were nearly finished so you just distributed blankets. A pink one for Leorio. A yellow one for Kurapika. A green one for Gon. There was only one left so you tossed it to Killua. Besides, you had your coat.

The former-assassin immediately noticed that you didn't have a blanket for yourself. He tossed it back to you and you easily caught it. You looked at the warm, soft cloth before throwing it back. He caught it again and looked at you with a curious expression.

"Why don't we just share it?" Killua suggested.

You pondered it for a moment, then nodded in agreement. Since your job was done, you laid down in the center. The order in which you would sleep was agreed on when you first entered the room. You wanted to sleep on the edge, but both Gon and Killua disagreed with you. They're reason was 'It would be too weird if two boys slept next to each other.'

You let out a soft sigh and turned on your side. You curled up into a small ball closed your eyes. Killua gently spread the blanket out over both of you laid back. He turned inward, facing you. By this time, you had already floated off into a dreamless sleep. A small smile formed the white-haired boy's lips.

'She's so cute.' He thought before going to sleep as well.

----

[word count : 1054]