/16/

-Friday September 15th-

We arrived at Glin Castle a few hours ago. Alannah and I have just been chilling in my room. I have been making the necessary alterations to my dress. Some of the flowers looked wonky, and I needed to hem it. When Bridget get's to the castle in about two hours, I will have to have her try on her dress so I can make the appropriate alterations before the garden party tomorrow.

"What do you think, bow or headband?" Alannah asked, holding up a silk ribbon and a headband. Like me, she decided to not do a hat or fascinator.

"Bow. But give the ribbon to me and I'll embroider the same pattern on it as your dress."

"You sure?" Alannah asked.

"Yes. I have plenty of time." I answered. Alannah nodded and handed me the ribbon.

I finished the final touches on my dress, so while I waited for Bridget to arrive, I started embroidering the ribbon Alannah gave me.

As I worked and Alannah sat humming a tune to herself, I heard a faint knock at the door. "Come in!" I said, threading the needle through the ribbon for the thousandth time.

"Hey ladies." Declan said, entering the room with his phone out in front of him. "Say hi to Zach." He turned the phone around to show Zach on FaceTime.

"Hi Zach." Alannah and I responded in unison.

"So what's up?" I asked, setting down the ribbon and my needle.

"Zach has news..." Declan informed us. "And it's not good."

"Well then spill!" Alannah shrieked.

"So. Tara has some modelling gig for class this weekend. And don't ask how, or why. I don't know how the hell her degree or classes work. But she chose to come to Ireland and so she's flying in tonight and will leave super late Sunday night to get back to Paris for her classes that start in the afternoon." Zach said.

Alannah and I groaned. "Tara just keeps popping up when she's not wanted." Alannah grumbled, and I hummed in agreement.

"Yeah. Well, I'm bringing my suitcase and stuff because I'm staying at the castle starting right after the garden party. So I'll spend the rest of the weekend in Glin with you guys and then all next week at the castle." Zach explained. "So I'll only have to put up with her for like twenty-four hours. Thank God."

"You seem happy about that." Alannah laughed.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Zach grinned. "Now I got to go. Noah wants to try to beat my ass in Mario Kart."

We all said goodbye to Zach, and he hung up the call.

Declan is about to say something when there's a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

Bridget enters the room with a smile on her face. "Hi Milena. Mom said you needed me to try on my dress for tomorrow?"

"Yup." I confirmed.

"Well, I'll leave you ladies alone." Declan said as he left the room.

I had Bridget try on her dress and figure out how much I need to hem and take in the waist.

Once I finished Bridget's alterations, Alannah and I just hung around for the rest of the night until we had to go to bed.

——

-Saturday September 16th-

Today has been pretty good. When I woke up I had breakfast which was pancakes (yum) with everyone. Then I got to chill for a few hours since I didn't have to get ready for the Garden Party till eleven o'clock.