/11/

-Monday July 31st

I'm sitting in my bathroom while Carrie does my hair. Apparently, she's my permanent hairstylist now. Which I'm okay with. She's really nice. However, she doesn't let me look in the mirror till she's done. Then again, I also told her to surprise me.

"Alright done!" Carrie exclaimed, handing me a mirror so I could see the back of my head. My red hair fell down my back in elegant waves. Half of it was up up in a loose crown braid with two little flower clips. Alannah offered to let me borrow one of her flower crowns, but I declined and decided to just do two small clips.

"It looks amazing." I breathed. "You did an amazing job."

"Thank you!" She smiled. Carrie packed up her things and left, giving me a little wave. I waved back and then started on my makeup. Let me tell you, putting on makeup when you have insanely terrible eyesight takes skill. I managed to put on some mascara, highlighter, neutral lipstick, and a shiny lip gloss that made my lips look glittery. I slid my black round glasses back on my face to complete the look.

My dress was on a mannequin in my bathroom. I slowly pulled it off the mannequin and slipped my pajamas off. I stepped into the dress and pulled it up. It took a few minutes, but I managed to zip it up by myself. I grabbed my gold leaf necklace and earrings and my gold heels. The heels were a metallic gold color and had a thick 1.5 inch heel. They were sandal heels, so they had a thick strap around my toes but didn't completely cover them.

Once I finished strapping on my shoes, I walked over to my full-length mirror to take a look at my full outfit. My dress was a floor length A-Line dress. It did have a little tulle layer underneath to puff out the skirt, but it wasn't super puffy. The bodice had off the shoulder sleeves and a deep v-neck which had a piece of sheer fabric in the middle to make it a little more modest. There was no big waistband, so the skirt puffed out a little from the bodice and fell down to the floor in elegant pleats. The dress was a champagne color with a sheer fabric and a delicate gold leaf pattern on top of it. The champagne and gold colors worked well with my extremely pale freckled skin and my flaming red hair.

I took one more look at myself before leaving my room and heading to the ballroom entrance. Everyone but Bridget was already there when I got there.

Alannah was in the gorgeous orange dress I made her. It had a lace up back and corset bodice. The bodice was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The skirt was very flowy and made of a few layers of tulle and a layer of flowy fabric. Lace covered the bodice of the dress and flowed down to the bottom of the skirt in smaller patches. Alannah's hair was in a full updo. Her blonde hair was curled into tight curls and then plopped on top of her bead in an elegant bun. She had a delicate gold and orange headpiece which wrapped around the front of her head like a headband. She had a matching necklace and earrings as well. The orange dress was quite bright, and I was skeptical when Alannah asked me to do the bright color, but she pulled it off.

Zach's next to Alannah in a grey tux with a bright pink bowtie. His hair was slicked back into a nice neat look instead of its usual fluffy mess.

"For a second, I thought you finally decided to go without the bright colors." I smirked, pointing at his outfit.

"Nope. Have to have some color." He answered, straightening his bowtie.

Mr. and Mrs. Finnegan were standing next to each other. Mrs. Finnegan was in the long purple dress I made her. It had a fluffy tulle skirt which fell to the floor. The bodice had off the shoulder sleeves and multiple layers of different purple pieces of tulle sewed tightly onto the bodice along with a few rhinestones near the waist. Her shoulder-length dirty blonde hair peppered with grey and white strands was curled and she had an elegant silver tiara on her head.