/13/

-Wednesday August 16th-

Today I woke up in time to go downstairs to eat breakfast with everyone. Since it was Owen's birthday, he picked breakfast, so we had bacon, French toast, and fruit. After breakfast, Owen opened the presents from his parents, Declan, Alannah, Zach, Bridget, and me. I made him an Ireland national team jersey with his name and number (8) on the back.

Everyone went their separate ways after that. I went to my room to relax before I had to get ready for the ball tonight.

I sat on my bed reading my book for hours. I had finished my ten books for the summer weeks ago. Once I start a book, I can't put it down. I went down to eat lunch at one and then went straight back up to my room to finish my book. Not like I had anything better to do.

"Milena!" Carrie exclaimed, entering my room dramatically just as I finish my book. She was wearing a bright red pair of straight legged dress pants and a cream blouse. Both pieces of clothing accented her almond skin. Her black hair was in small twists, which she had plopped into a large bun on her head. She had on red cat-eye glasses and red flats. Carrie had glasses in all different colors and styles. First time I met her she had bright pink oval glasses. And then last time I saw her she was wearing gold oversized square glasses.

"It's four already?" I asked, surprised.

"Yup." she said, popping the p.

"Alright." I got off my bed and made my way into my bathroom, where Carrie was already setting up. There was a stool in front of the large countertop and mirror. My dress sat in the corner on a mannequin like usual, and my shoes were on the floor next to it.

"Want me to surprise you like usual?" Carrie asked.

"Yes, please." Out of all the stylists I've had, Carrie is definitely my favorite. She takes in to consideration what I like and don't like. And her creative and dramatic personality is pretty great.

"Okay. Any hair pins, tiaras, headbands?"

"Just that headband." I told her, pointing to the box, which was open. The headband was white gold and had a flower and leave design with diamonds. It worked well with the waistband of my dress, and Alannah had given it to me as a gift for the first ball I ever attended with her.

Carrie hummed to herself. Her eyes shifted to my dress and the headband as she decided what to do. She moved her long fingers and started playing with pieces of my hair. Carrie started with curling my hair in large beach type curls. Then she took my hair and pulled it into a loose, twisty bun in the back of my head. She walked around to stand in front of me and stood with her hand on her him. She lifted her other manicured hand and pulled out a few strands to frame my face, and then curled them again. Carrie grabbed hairspray and sprayed it all over my hair. She placed the headband on my head and secured it with a good amount of bobby pins.

"Done!" she said proudly.

I looked in the mirror and smiled. "It's perfect. Thank you."

"You're welcome!" Carrie packed up all her things and left.

I put on some mascara, blush, highlighter, nude liquid lipstick, and clear lip gloss before sliding my glasses back on.

I carefully took off my baggy t-shirt so it wouldn't mess up my hair or make my glasses fall off my face. I stepped into my dress and zipped it up. The zipper only went halfway up my back, so it wasn't that hard to do on my own. I sat down and put on my off white two-inch pumps. Although they are two inches, they are platforms, so the front is also raised slightly. That way, they don't hurt my feet as much. To finish the look, I put on a thin white gold necklace with a flower pendent and matching stud earrings.