Chapter 9

"Anyone home?" I said as I take my shoes off. I can't wait to tell nanny about what happened at school today.

"You're home?" Nanny greets me. "How was school? Is it great?" Just the right question I want to hear.

I laugh. "I have a lot to tell you, nanny." I wish mom is also here to listen about what happened at school but too bad, she's busy with works. "I'll change my cloth first and then I'll tell you everything."

I run up to my room and change my cloth quickly. I really want to talk about Ave to nanny.

Ding! My phone notification rings.

I grab my phone to see who just messages me. "Oh, it's just her. What does she want? Has she got no shame at all? After all of that harassment." I ignore the messages. It's nothing important, she just wants to apologize and be my friend.

I walk down the stairs and I can smell some meat pie getting baked. "Is that meat pie?" I asked nanny who was vacuuming the room. I love meat pie. It's my favorite pastry of all time.

"Yep, there's some that are ready to be eaten in the kitchen." Hearing that I rush to the kitchen without listening to what nanny had to say.

I sit in the dining room to enjoy the meat pie. "Slowly, it may be hot," said nanny as she sit beside me. "So, what did you want to tell me?"

I took a bite of the meat pie. "Um, yeah. About that," I pause to finish the food inside my mouth. Nanny waits patiently. "The person who sat beside me approached me first, her name is Avelyn and she's so pretty..." I pause for a moment, "handsome," I said in a low voice so that nanny won't hear me.

"Really? That's great then! You already made a friend on your first day." I got proud. I continue to tell her everything that happened, from the moment we met to the moment we walked together to class including me eating in a toilet. I didn't leave any details out. Nanny listens eagerly to my story and sometimes laughs at me and scolds me.

********

Why is she keeps sending me messages? Should I reply or just leave it as it is? I don't want to block her in case something comes up. She's bothering me so much. Well, that's what you get for being such a trash.

I'm just going to reply to her, maybe that way she won't bother me anymore.

I hope she understands basic English. Sigh. I guess this is how society works nowadays. Everyone's the same, they fold at the mention of money. Even the worker I met the other day was the same, she act all nice when she saw me because of my mother and then change personality in a split second. You can never judge a book by its cover.

********

--In the meanwhile, Rin's bullies are gathering at a park near their school--

"She replied yet?" one of them asked as she take a peak at Mia's (the one who texted Rin) phone, getting curious.

"See for yourself," Mia gives her phone to Sophia, annoyed by Rin's reply.

Sophia took quite some time to finish reading the text before giving it back to Mia. "Well, what are you going to do now? Your plan got ruined." They planned to get some of Rin's mother money through Rin.

"I won't give up. I'll try to manipulate her into taking some sympathy in me," she said with burning enthusiasm.

"Don't worry about it so much, babe. You got this, you're smart not a fish brain," Mia's boyfriend comforted her.

"So, what is your plan? Tell us," Brandon who has been quiet all this time finally spoke.

Mia smirks before telling them her plan on how to make Rin give them her mother's money. They all listen in carefully.