chapter 10

it was three days before delia was leaving to go to vancouver. over the course of the last week, she had gone to two new jersey devils game and spent the rest of the time with emery. the one thing she hadn't done was go to the studio and work on some music. as much as she loved writing songs, she was avoiding it this trip. for whatever reason, she wasn't inspired and had no motivation to write anything. delia decided that she was going to bring emery with her since she was struggling to write music. emery was also a singer in the industry and knew the ins and outs.

it took delia twenty minutes to get the two to the studio. when they arrived, the studio was already set up for her. the front desk was not surprised to see that emery had tagged along since this usually happened.

"you ready to go?" emery asked.

delia smiled, "i hope so." in reality, delia was in no place to write a song. she had no ideas what to write about. usually, she could easily write songs about her relationships, but she couldn't seem to write anything about her and jack.

"so, do you have any ideas about what you want to write? sad song or upbeat song?" emery tried to get the process started.

delia put her head in her hands, clearly frustrated with herself. she mumbled, "i literally have nothing. there's nothing in my brain, not a note or a tune. it's like my mind has shut down."

this had never happened to delia before and emery knew that. something was bothering delia to the point where she couldn't even let her emotions out on paper. as her certified best friend, emery was going to get down to the bottom of this. she had a feeling it might have something to do with jack.

"you're probably going to be confused and maybe slightly offended, but roll with it, okay?" emery spoke. delia nodded in response. emery added, "are you and jack okay? like actually? no bullshit answer."

delia quickly said, "yeah." emery gave her a serious look and delia sighed.

"okay, fine. i think everything is fine. i mean he treats me great and we don't really have any issues or fights. i don't know, it just feels like we're disconnected or something. almost like nothing's there, but i love him," delia confessed to her best friend.

"when was the last time you guys had sex?" emery blurted. sometimes, emery had no filter. this was one of those times.

delia's eyes widen and said, "excuse me?"

emery had a stone cold face and repeated, "you heard me. when was the last time the two of you had sex?"

"i don't know," delia got nervous. she knew the answer and was far to embarrassed to admit it.

emery crossed her arms and stated, "i know when you're lying. you know exactly when the last time was. just say it."

delia could not meet emery's eyes. "it was a couple weeks before jack told me i was meeting his family," she whispered.

emery looked quite shock that it had been that long, "girl, haven't you seen him at least three times since then?" considering that jack and delia don't always get to see each other that often, emery knew that were all over each other when they reunited.

"yeah, i have. i don't know, we just haven't done it in awhile. is there something wrong with that?" delia started to get worried.

emery analyzed her best friend and could see the stress this conversation was causing. "no, there's not anything wrong with it. that's between you and jack. i'm just proposing maybe that's why you feel like you guys are disconnected," emery explained.

"so, what you're saying is i need to have sex with jack the next time i see him?" delia questioned. she wasn't sure if she liked the idea that emery came up with. maybe she should have talked about this with cole.

"that could solve some of your problems, i'm just saying. it's entirely up to you, " emery told the blonde, trying not to persuade her into any decision.

delia thought for a minute and replied, "okay, i think i'll try."

emery smiled, "great, now let's try to at least start something even if it's just a melody!"