#5 Words of Affirmation

Today is the couple's anniversary. They've been together for 3 years. An accomplishment indeed.

Ryujin wakes up and pulls her girlfriend in for a hug as they're in bed. She tucks her head in the crook of Yeji's neck and speaks up.

"Morning baby ~ Happy anniversary ~" She says with her raspy morning voice.

Yeji moves and turns to face her lover. She stares at her before replying.

"Ryuddaeng good morning ~ Happy anniversary to you too ~"

They both chuckle at each others cuteness. Something they know they can never get tired of.

"You're pretty today." Ryujin states.

"What do you mean today? Aren't I supposed to be pretty all the time?" Yeji huffs.

"My bad! You're pretty everyday but you're extra pretty today since it's our anniversary."

"Whatever you say I guess.."

"Anyways, I planned a little something for us later so we better get moving if you wanna see it." Ryujin says.

"Oh? You planned something? What is itttt! I wanna knowww"

"Nope! You'll only find out if you go! So get ready and dressed for our date!"

Yeji pouts and Ryujin gives her a kiss which instantly changes her mood.

"I'll be getting ready then! I'll be in the bathroom if you need me"

Ryujin hums and nods in response. She goes out their room to pack for the picnic date she had prepared. She hopes everything goes to plan later and that they stay together for a long long time.

When Yeji's done getting ready, Ryujin goes into the bathroom and starts getting ready too.

While the younger is busy, Yeji gets the necklace she had bought for the other and wraps it. She hides the box in her bag making surw Ryujin doesn't see it.

Once Ryujin finishes, they go downstairs to the car and drive to their favorite park.

Ryujin lays out a cover over the grass and starts prepping the things she brought. She lays out the food and preps a laptop (?)

"Why did you bring your laptop? You still got homework to submit?" Yeji asks curiously.

"You'll see. I'll say though that it isn't for homework."

When Ryujin is done with whatever she's doing with the laptop, she calls Yeji's attention.

"Okay! Here are some snacks for you to munch on while I show you something I kinda prepared for you which I hope you like because if you don't then I dont know" She rambles.

Yeji laughs and brings Ryujin close to her. She wraps her arms around the younger's neck and pays attention to the laptop.

Ryujin clicks the play button and hopes Yeji doesn't find it too cheesy or cringey.

—————————

Ryujin's hand uncovers the camera which now focuses on her.

"Hey Yeji! Yeddeong? Baby? Hon- WHATEVER!Uhh happy anniversary! Can you believe it's been three years since we decided to be together?! Three years of each others company and feelings. Thats.. wow... I'm beyond happy that we've made it this far and I hope that we continue for as long as we could. I don't know if you're aware of my feelings most of the time but I really hope you know that I appreciate you so much. You mean the world to me. Your smile, your laugh, your heart, they're all perfect to me. Thank you so much for enduring me and my temper sometimes hehe and I promise that I'll be better in the future. If I could compare you to a fruit then it would be a tangerine. You are a very intimate person to me and I'm sure you know how much I love tangerines. You've also got the characteristics of my favorite season. You mean a lot to me Yeji, happy anniversary again, I love you!!!!"

Ryujin makes different heart gestures and covers the camera again. The video ends there.

—————————

Yeji re-adjusts her position to sit straight and face Ryujin. She holds her partner's hands and
tells her how much she loves the video.

"Ryuddaeng... I'm touched by your video... I don't even know what to say.. I didn't even prepare a video for you-"

"Yej, it's okay! You being here with me right now is enough! Your presence is enough."

Yeji takes a deep breath and sighs. She's overwhelmed by her lover's message but decides to say a few words to show her appreciation.

"Ryujin, you've been nothing but good to me. You always take care of me regardless of the situations we were in. You comfort me with your sweet words and you have the ability to make me melt in your touch. I'm sorry if I haven't been giving as much as I have been receiving but regardless, I hope you know that I really care for you. You're such an important person in my life and have helped me be who I am today. You are such a special, dear person to me. I wish to never lose you and the bond we have. I love you so much Shin Ryujin! Let's keep going!"

Ryujin immediately brings yeji into a tight hug. None of them wants to let go. Their touch helps them express other words they couldn't really say.

Yeji remembers her gift and gives it to Ryujin. The curious girl opens it right away and gives a happy expression.

"Yeddeong! It's just like yours! I love it! Thank you so much!" She pulls her for a kiss and wears the matching necklace right after.

A few hours pass, so the two choose to stay where they are, lie down, and look at the sky. Hands intertwined together, Ryujin asks Yeji an incorrect question (?)

"Do you know the 6 love languages?"

*a/n
double update since I missed a day! Last chapter coming soon 🫶