Chapter 58

you ducked the bullet.

you don't know how, but you did.

it was like your body moved on its own, pulling down to the ground and very narrowly avoiding the gun that was directed at your head.

Hanma stared at you in disbelief, as you reeled back from the sound of the bullet going so close to your ear.

your breathing was as quick as ever; just barely avoiding death caused a flurry of emotions to arise.

Hanma, now snapping out of his disbelief at the situation, dropped the gun and ran towards you.

"you little bitch!" his normal tone of voice was gone, being replaced by a low, threatening tone that resided deep within.

at this moment, you found yourself almost missing his usual annoying voice.

this time you knew you really fucked up. he was more mad than you'd ever seen him.

hopping up from your crouched down position, you sprinted away from Hanma.

unfortunately for you, his longer legs were an advantage as he ran and tackled you from behind.

you grappled with him, Hanmas vision being blurred by the pure anger he was feeling.

you were supposed to be dead; he knew you couldn't shoot him so he would shoot you.

"get.. the fuck off of me!!" you yelled out, unable to push him off.

no one was around, as it was around 3:00 a.m.

no one could help.

you were alone in this and you had to think of a way to get out of this.

'shit shit shit! what do i do?!' you kicked at him, trying to squirm out of his grasp.

finding an opening for an attack, you grabbed his wrist that was near your ear, moving it outwards so that he came crashing down towards you.

finally having the upper hand, you pushing him off and stumbled over to one of the guns, almost tripping as you ran.

Hanma quickly got up an followed suit, but he was too late.

you aimed the gun without thinking, pulling the trigger.

yet another loud bang echoed through the air, followed by a screech of pain.

looking to Hanma who was only a few steps away, he crumbled to the ground, blood pooling out of his thigh.

you sighed, both in relief of not killing him and stopping him from attacking you further.

sirens rang out in the distance, and you assumed someone had called the cops after the first gunshot.

you sat down, trying to catch your breath, watching as Hanma squirmed in pain from the wound on his thigh.

grabbing your phone out of your pocket, you dialed Drakens number.

he picked up almost instantly, talking worriedly through the phone as you'd been gone for longer than the boys imagined you would be.

"y/n? is everything okay?"

"Kenny, listen. some shit went down. cops are on their way. don't worry, i don't think i'll be arrested. but just letting you know, i didn't get the snacks." you chuckled airily, laying back as relief flooded through you from Hanma being rendered harmless.

"wait, what?! what the fuck happened?" Drakens voice was raised in worry, not having any context to what happened.

"hey hey, it's fine, everything gonna be okay."