Chapter 19

Draken barged into your temporary room, causing you to cover your eyes with your arms and groan.

he walked in just as you were about to sleep, and you were rudely awakened from yet another sleepless night.

"sorry to wake you, y/n, but there's an early meeting today. it's about Baji and Valhalla."

with those words you were up in seconds, throwing your hair up and running out of the room in the clothes you had on yesterday with Draken right behind you.

he was surprised by your alertness, but laughed it off and the two of you headed out of the building.

you hopped onto his bike, waving your hand for him to hurry up.

"come on, come on, let's go!"

"hold on y/n, i gotta actually get on the bike to be able to ride it."

you would've laughed at the situation, but your worry over Baji filled your thoughts and your lips formed a straight line.

the bike roared to life, and Draken drove with your hands around his waist to the Musashi shrine.

he had gotten used to you holding him on the motorcycle; yet he still got butterflies whenever it happened.

you and Draken quickly arrived at the shrine, and you hopped off the bike, running up the stairs with Draken many steps behind.

'damn, how can she be so energetic right now?' he thought to himself, admiring how much you cared about your friends.

once you reached the top, most of the gang was already there, and Mikey was about to start the meeting.

"hey, y/n, glad you could make it!" Mikey greeted, ruffling your hair.

"yeah yeah, just start the meeting already," he laughed at your urgency, and stepped up to his usual spot.

he greeted everyone, then got right down to business.

"Valhalla's stand-in commander has declared war on Toman."

hushed whispers ran through the crowd, but you kept your eyes glued up front, hands shaky.

"my plan is to win against them and take Baji back with us. because, frankly; i'm gonna be childish for a second."

Mikey sat down with his legs crossed, a hint of fear in his eyes.

"honestly, i can't fight Baji. so let's take him back with us!"

shouts of agreement rang throughout the area, and you joined in with the gang.

the meeting was quickly disbanded, and as everyone else left, you stayed behind with Mikey, Draken, Mitsuya, Smiley, and Angry.

"so, you guys wanna hangout for a bit?" Smiley asked, and the rest of you nodded with a smile.

you had calmed down since this morning, now having a plan to get Baji back; and get revenge on Hanma.

you and your friends headed down the stairs, taking the motorcycles to a park nearby.

the boys parked their bikes, and you all walked to the grassy field with a playground in the middle.

before reaching the park, something caught your eye from your peripheral vision.

Takemichy and Chifuyu were on a bridge talking to Baji.

your breathing hitched, and you stopped walking.

Draken turned his head over his shoulder to look at you lazily.