Chapter 28

as soon as the police car stopped with Mikey, Draken, and Baji inside, they all leapt out of the car and rushed into the hospital.

you had already been taken into surgery; they were sitting down outside of the operation room, as a doctor came outside and greeted them.

Draken shot up, standing in front of the doctor to hear what your condition was.

"she's very unstable right now; she's lost a lot of blood, and has at least one fracture. there is some internal bleeding as well. we'll do the best we can."

the doctors words only worried the three boys more, Drakens face twisting into one of anxiety and frustration.

"i'll update you when i can, but for now, can i get one of you to fill out a personal form for her? we don't know anything about her."

Baji nodded as him and Mikey guided Draken away, Draken never once looking in front of him as he kept his eyes on the operation room door.

the boys made it to the front desk, Mikey talking to a nurse who gave him a sheet of paper with questions on it.

they sat down on a clump of chairs, handing the paper to Draken.

"i think you know her the best. i mean, whatever we can answer will help them."

Draken nodded and took the pen and paper from Mikey with a shaky hand, focusing on the questions.

name: y/n l/n
date of birth: xx xx xxxx
main guardian: m/n l/n

as he wrote down your mothers name, the pen stopped moving.

he looked up at Baji and Mikey who looked back at him, waiting to hear an explanation.

"we have to call y/n's mom," their heart dropped at the realization, dreading having to make that call.

after a few moments, Baji volunteered and grabbed your phone that he picked up when he found it on the ground near where you were lying, bleeding out, just hours before.

he walked over to a more secluded area, going into your contact list.

clicking onto your mothers contact, he pressed the call button and rose the phone to his ear.

the dial tone rang three times before a woman picked up.

"y/n? why are you calling me after you've ignored me for so long?"

her tone was impatient, and Baji had to take a deep breath to ground himself.

"hi, ms. l/n. it's not y/n, im her friend Baji.

"oh... why are you calling me? and why do you have her phone?"

"well, i have some bad news to tell you, actually."

"spit it out."

Baji shifted his weight between his legs, his words rushing out.

"y/n was in a car accident. she's in the hospital right now and she's in surgery. it's really fatal. we're not sure what's going to happen."

the other line was quiet for a long time, before a small sigh was heard.

"that's awful. but she's not mine to worry about anymore. she's the one who chose to go off on her own, and this is just the universe giving out the consequences of her own actions."

Baji's breathing hitched, his fists balling up tightly. his eyes were wide in shock from how harsh your mother was being.

"this better be some sick prank you're pulling. your daughter might not be alive to see tomorrow, how can you say all that shit?!"