Chapter 31

you awoke a few hours after you fell asleep, peering at Drakens sleeping figure holding onto you.

checking the clock on the wall, the time read 11:17 p.m.

your stomach was burning in pain; alarm shot through you as your thoughts spiralled, thinking the stitches had some loose.

pulling the blankets down and lifting up your sit slowly as to not bother Draken, you looked down to the white bandages wrapped around your torso.

no blood was showing, so you pulled your shirt down and sighed.

shifting uncomfortably in the bed, you groaned in pain and Draken woke up slowly.

"mm, y/n, what's wrong?" he asked sleepily, not bothering to open his eyes.

"it's nothing, go back to sleep." he nodded as an answer, and you put your head down on the pillow, trying to ignore the pain that was etched into your waist.

you sighed again, turning on the mattress so that your back was facing him, clutching your stomach in attempts to dampen the pain.

staying like that for a couple of minutes, the pain was not subsiding.

sitting up in the bed and gently taking the covers off, you placed your bare feet on the cold tile and paced around.

you couldn't stand up straight, as the still-healing injury made tears form in your eyes.

it throbbed from the inside out, and your breathing became laboured as the pain was becoming more intense.

Draken moved his hand around the bed, feeling the cold sheets instead of your warm figure.

his eyes shot open, his head lifting, and he saw you hunched over holding both hands on your stomach.

"y/n, what's wrong?!" by now he was fully awake, and in a matter of seconds he crossed the bed and held you up.

"my.. stomach.. really hurts." panic struck in his chest, and he led you back onto the bed before rushing out of the room.

"stay there, i'll be right back." he called, and opened the door to find a doctor.

someone passed by wearing a long white coat, and he called out to them, his voice shaky.

"uh, can i get some help please? somethings wrong with y/n." the doctor tore her eyes away from the chart she was holding, and sped-walked into the room, Draken in front of her.

she turned on the lights and you squinted your eyes, unable to speak as the pain had taken over.

the doctor quickly reached your side, kneeling down and pulling up your shirt to examine the wound.

you winced as she placed gentle hands over your stomach, and she apologized without taking her eyes off of the stitches.

Draken stood a few steps away, his concern growing as each second passed.

"everything seems to be in order, so we'll give you some pain meds and see how those work."

you just nodded and she ushered you to lie down, before taking a small glass bottle out of a cabinet and using a syringe to inject it into your arm.

Draken turned away, not wanting to even see the needle.

the doctor smiled and turned to Draken before leaving, "let me know if things keep getting worse. she should be fine, though."

"thank you," he said and she gave him a smile, exiting the room.

he sat down on the edge of the bed, noticing that the medicine was already kicking in.

your head felt heavy and fuzzy, and the pain subsided to a very dull pain.

laughter bubbled in your chest, a small giggle escaping through your lips.

"what's so funny?" Draken asked, smiling at your already calmed down state.

"i don't know!" you laughed, and he snickered at the sight.

"oh, i think you're just a little bit high."

your laughter suddenly stopped and you stared intently into his eyes, your own drooped lazily.

"you're so pretty," you stated bluntly, and Draken's face erupted in a dark shade of red.

you laughed once again, and he pulled out his phone to record you to use for future teasing.

as soon as he pressed record, you spoke up again.

"i'm gonna call you 'pretty boy', cause you're so pretty."

his laughing was heard from behind the camera, and you titled your head in confusion.

"what's so funny?" "you're gonna hate me when you see this video." you just laughed again, smiling warmly at his happy features.

an idea popped into his head, but before he could say it your voice interrupted his thoughts.

"come 'ere, pretty boy, i wanna kiss you." his breathing hitched in his throat, and he flipped the camera around so the two of you were in frame.

you grabbed his hand, lifting it to your lips as you placed a small peck on his knuckles.

slight disappointment shone in his eyes because you only kissed him on the hand, but he realized he didn't want to have a first kiss with you when you were hopped up on medicine.

"see, now this, this is how to be a gentleman. you kiss the hand," he chuckled at your words, a gentle smile resting on his face.

you then slumped down, and he adjusted the still-recording phone.

"i think i'm tired."

"oh, then you should go to sleep."

"no. don't want to."

Draken looked into the camera, shaking his head with a grin, before pressing stop on the recording, and pocketing his phone.

"come lay down with me." you said, and he turned back to you and complied.

"you're so warm." you said, your words slightly muffled as your head was buried in his chest.

the blush never once left his face, gazing down at you intently as you snores softly.

(a/n: sorry this chapters pretty short:/ but OMG 1k READS?! THANK U GUYS SM!!!)