Chapter 12

as soon as you slammed the door slammed shut, you walked hastily out of the driveway, kicking over the garbage cans set out.

"fuck!" you yelled, running your hands through your hair as anger coursed through you.

as if out of reflex, you took your headphones out of your pocket and plugged them into your phone, turning on loud music.

you walked out of your neighbourhood, tears of frustration streaming down your face.

the sun had long set, and you were only wearing a small shirt and baggy pants, so you rubbed your hands up and down your arms in an attempt to warm yourself up.

letting your tears fall freely, you focused on the music blasting through your headphones, looking at the dark ground in front of you.

after walking for what seemed like hours, your feet had taken you to the foot of the stairs leading up to the Musashi shrine.

not bothering to look at your surroundings, you climbed the stairs, hoping to fully cool off up there as it should be deserted.

unbeknown to you, though, by not checking what was around you, you missed the large number of motorcycles that were parked at the bottom of the stairs.

as you reached the top of the unnecessary amount of stairs, you froze, spotting rows of people standing with their backs to you.

'shit!' you thought to yourself, quickly making your way back down the stairs.

however, before you could leave, Mitsuya caught your receding figure in the corner of his eye.

he fully turned around, and looked back at Mikey, coughing to get his attention.

Mikey and Draken both looked to him, and Mitsuya nodded his head in your direction.

they quickly made out who it was, even in the darkness.

all of the members of Toman noticed Mikey's attention on something else, and they all turned around to look at you quietly walking away from their group.

"y/n!" you heard Draken call out, and you stopped in your tracks.

slowly, you turned around to face him, when you saw all of the Toman members glaring at your with mistrust.

"who is that?"

"do we have a spy on our hands?!"

"how does Draken know her?"

you could hear whispers flow among the members, and you stood up straight and chuckled nervously.

"hey, Kenny. fancy meeting you here." you tried to break the tension, but you realized too late you had called him 'Kenny', raising even more suspicion.

"what are you doing here, y/n?" Mikey called out, his arms crossed.

you could see Takemichy from your peripheral vision, who was freaking out over how the gang members would react to you intruding on their meeting.

you stood still in your place, hesitantly answering Mikey.

"well, i was walking, and i saw these big ass stairs, so i thought, you know, what a great exercise." you chuckled, but it stayed silent.

due to the events that happened before you showed up here, you got annoyed at the quietness and pouted.

"bro, it's not like i'm some secret informer. what's your deal?" you asked him, and everyone but your friends stared at you in shock for talking to Mikey like that.