Chapter 8- sponsor

Short chapter!

She awoke with a start.

The anthem was playing.

She watched in horror as she counted the faces in the sky.

7 and one of them was her kill.

She untied the rope that secured her to the tree and jumped down not letting the guilt get her just yet.

Thirst over took her thoughts.

I need water

She swung her backpack over her back and pulled out a compass she stole yesterday.

Currently she was facing South. Recalling her thoughts she remembered running from the north direction.

Off she went, knife in hand and one eye on the compass, she marched off North.

It was eerie in the dark. Anyone could jump out at any time but she didn't risk stopping to put on the night goggles.

To calm down she counted her steps

405, 406, 407, 408

Minutes passed.

1019, 1020, 1021

And at 1014 she reached a small stream. She scrambled to find water flitters.

She found none.

For once she was grateful she grew up fishing. She knew most tricks about water.

She ripped moss off of the nearest tree and look for fast moving water.

Flittering the water with the moss she drove into the water, think back to her dad teaching her where to find clear water.

She closed her eyes at chuckled at the memory of her dad.

He drowned 5 months later.

Ring, ring, ring

She snapped her eyes open at the sound.

Could it be... no she thought.

A small box with a parachute floated down right in front of her.

A sponsor. Her heart rate quicken with excitement.

Once the package landed she drove in.

Inside lay a spear head. No handle was attached.

-Good luck a note was attached.

She stared at it confused until she remembered a survival course she took about making weapons out of wood.

She tip toed to the same tree she found the moss and picked up a fallen stick and stuck the spear head on.

It fit on perfect.

NEXT CHAPTER IS THE WATCHERS POV. AKA THE PEOPLE WATCHING THE HUNGERGAMES.