Chapter 5- interview (little Panem)

"Welcome back Panem" Caeser shouted to the crowd. I was dressed in a beautiful pink dress that reached my knees. Diamonds decorated my chest and my hair was pulled into a fishbraid.

It was interview day. I watched the small screen on the wall. It projected what all of Pamen would see.

A boy walked out first. I could tell he was well prepared. His words rolled easily off his tongue which was a perfect match for Caesars excellent interviewing skills.

I studied what the other tributes said and did. They all seemed to slightly lean into Caeser. I practiced all possible questions I could be asked.

"Astra Wlith" Caeser cheered. That was my cue. 

As soon as I walked into a bright light blocked my vision. I still managed to wave at the crowd.

"Ah if it isn't little Astra" he said as I seated.
"Hello Caeser"
"So let's talk about your amazing show at the chariot ride. You look positively stunning"

"Thank you, I would have never imagined myself as a mermaid" I giggled to try to hide the quake in my voice.

"I'm sure you could swim like one, tell me about your life back at home"
I frowned remembering my family.

"Well I have a brother and my mother of course, my father died from a illness when I was 10". I tried not to cry from the thought of my dad but Chardor insisted that I talked about him to make a mark.

"Oh I'm so sorry" Caeser reached out for my hand.
"I'm sure he'll be watching over you and bring you luck"

"Thank you" I smiled.
"Are you the sweetest" He looked into the crowd waiting for confirmation.

I gave him my best smile.

"And you are just beautiful. You remind me of the capital" he let go if my hand "pocket size" he laughed.

I laughed with him trying to shake my nerves.
"Little Panem" a chant from the crowd started.

I couldn't help my self but smile at my success at the interview.

"Okay, okay" Caeser calmed the crowd. "Little
Panem it is".

My interview ended seconds later.

Who is excited for the next chapter to come out. Aka when she finally goes to the arena!!