ESCAPISM

A constant battle between what we believe and what we are.

Having troubled past, defeated by anxiety and thoughts and lack of sympathy provokes you to run, run far away to a whole new world where there aren't any questions, any answers, nor truths nor lies. You escape that restrains your thoughts. You escape what reigns your regime. You divert. You get distracted. You lose.

Escapism might fancy you for a while but does it really help when the element is conned by thoughts of agressive assertion? You escape to venture the highs and lows of which you are never really a part. You escape your happiness for the rest of your life for those that gives you a momentary bliss. You get drugged. You depend on it, withdrawal from which makes your reality unbearable and you seek several more escape points and live a life of run.

Though life may be unbearable, cruel and unkind, the escapist whims only feed power to your darkness and not to the will that would bring light. It weakens you. It drains you emotionally and mentally. It might look safer on the outside, but escapism provides you nothing but loneliness. You feel lonely. The loneliness then starts engulfing you. You find yourself suffocated by the thoughts that kiss you only to bite you later. It touches you only to leave behind bruises. It caresses you only to instil within you a fear, a nightmare and an unwonted silence.

You escape reality but the toxicity of the aftermath that leaves you swinging doesn't notice the required arrangements for future security. The more you step into the world of fiction, the more you detach yourself from the wars of survival. The soul fails to differentiate the act of fight and the idea of fighting. It's a constant loop that keeps on getting interdigitated despite the precautions. The individual slowly moves towards a self-destructive cycle that loops around all his spheres of work ethics and sustenance.

"Drastic forms of escapism can lead to psychosis, a loss of reality, where individuals can hallucinate that the person may still be in their life."

Truth be told and laid infront of you, escapism is a slow poison. The only poison that doesn't hurt you while you turn pale. The only cure to your everyday pain, that costs you your sanity. Had it been just an emotion, it would have been fair. Now that it might feed on the evidence of your existence as a whole, it's you who must chose to submit or fight. Escapism as an alternate to suicidal thoughts are good but not a good coping mechanism for long term survival.