Four

Say kind words to someone today❤️
You never whose mood you'll uplift...

Fau in short for Fauzeeyah in case you're confused 😊

Fau's figure got dragged to the dressing mirror immediately she stepped out of the bathroom. Ilham has made up her mind to glam her up since it's her first day today.

" Ilham how can I go with a caked up face for Allah's sake?" she whined stomping her feet on the tiled floor.

" You're supposed to wow them" Ilham responded in a dry tone. She went ahead to arrange the make-up items she would need.

" I'm not going there to look for husband malama. Kudi fa zanje nema"

" Eh still, your appearance matters my child" Ilham points out in a grandma tone. Fau laughed at that then put back her pouty face.

" Okay fine. I'll just apply powder and lipstick. We wouldn't want you looking homeless, would we?" Fau was relieved to hear that. She wasn't really a fan of makeup sincerely speaking. She believed she would always look gorgeous make-up or no makeup.

Another argument ensued between the two cousins. Ilham insisted she must wear a long gown that would sweep the floor while Fau refused, " What if I trip? I cannot risk it. I would just wear this purple one. It's ankle length" she explained pacing the room. For a moment, she almost thought she was going there to represent Ilham with the way the lady was ordering her around.

As expected, Ilham practically forced her to wear the long navy blue gown. Fau still couldn't stop complaining about how she wasn't going to a party; what if she had to run errands from an office to another?

With a Bismillah, Fau dropped off the Bolt  car she had ordered to pick her up. She had handed him the money already so she took careful steps to the reception. She released her sweaty hands to dry for a few seconds before returning it to the sides of her gown. She had to raise it a little to avoid tripping.

The receptionist directed her to the CEO's office after she explained her reason for being there. She opted for the stairs because she wasn't ready to embarrass herself with the lift. Never in her 19 years of living has she ever used a lift. She only saw how it worked in movies. She decided she would do that when she becomes acquainted with someone.

Fau was already having second thoughts about using the stairs all the way. The CEO guy was on the tenth floor and here she was, struggling to finish the stairs of the third floor.

"Hey, everything alright with you?" In an attempt to turn around and glance at the owner of the voice, Fau stepped on her gown, twice, which led her to fall flat on her.

"Oh Great! The ground should just open up and swallow me please" she groaned making no attempt to stand up. She was sure she looked funny. The light chuckle from the guy standing over her confirmed her thoughts.

" Well done Ilham, you've achieved your goal" she silently muttered.
Fau cleared her throat and stood up. She dusted off the invisible dirt on her dress; the tiles were literally sparkling.
She put up a serious face and looked up at the guy.

"You were saying something?" The crack in her voice couldn't be missed. The guy beside her cleared his throat before speaking up, the smile never leaving his face.

"Sorry about that. Where are you headed?"

" Thank you. The CEO'S office " in a clipped tone, she answered in the order he asked.

"That's where I'm headed. Let's use the lift" Fau released a sigh she didn't know she was holding. She was thinking of possible believable answers she could give him if he asked why she chose the stairs .

~•••~

" Have a seat please" The guy from the stairs offered immediately they got into the spacious office that could pass for a lounge.

Beats her how no one cared to stop him from going in without permission.
Maybe he was regular.

"Go ahead and ask"

" Wait what? Do you read minds?" how did he know she was itching to ask something?

" Nope, it's pretty obvious you've got something to say"
His accent. It wasn't like that of a normal Nigerian.

"Curiousity killed the cat." she silently reminded her self.

" How did they allow you in?" In a small voice, she directed her question to the guy that was trying to sit behind the glass table obviously meant for the CEO.

" Cox I'm the Boss. Isn't that clear?"

"Owww for real? But you weren't the one I saw on the day of the competition"

"Yes that was my P.A, he went on my behalf. I was out of the country."

"Okay, noted."

" So, you're actually the first to arrive. Let me go through your file before you're shown to your office" He states after getting comfortable in his chair.

Meanwhile, Fau was low-key wondering how a young man like him could be so rich.

"My office?" she asked with widened eyes when his words registered in her brain.

" You're gonna me sharing with two more people" he dryly replied.

Fau felt a bit embarrassed but she quickly brushed it away.

"Alright "

~•••~

You know the drill friends!

Vote,

Comment,

& Share.