XIII

"Has anyone ever told you that you are so adorable, y/n?"

Y/n looked up to give her boyfriend an 'are you serious?' face. "A lot of people said that.." She said, playing with her food.

Shoto gave her a pout in reply. "And here I was thinking I'm all romantic and shit.." She rolled her eyes at his behaviour and continued to eat her food.

Shoto stared at her with adoration in his eyes, a smile crept it's way onto his face when he looked at his girlfriend being cute. "I'm lucky to have you. I thought Hikarino would've killed me when he found out we were dating,"

He laughed it off, making Y/n smile. "Me to you too, Shoto. I did once thought you died after you didn't reply to my texts for three days."

"Hey! We had to talk it through and I fought for us.."

Y/n smiled at how sweet the thought was but then her smile faltered, realising what Shoto just said earlier. "..You talked to Hikarino?"

The two got silent.

A sigh escaped from Y/n's mouth. She massaged her forehead, trying to think of a way to avert her brother's wrath. "Shoto, you know a deal with my brother can get you-"

"I know, I know."

' ° ~

"And look where it got me." Shoto gritted his teeth. Currently, the man is in his room which is dimly lit. There are multiple photographs, maps and papers all across his room.

He picked up his throwing knife and threw it to a dart board which had a picture of Sonny Brisko in the middle. As a rogue, his throws never missed as it landed on bullseye.

Shoto smiled. It was a great way to release his anger that he kept bottling up all these time. All the clues he got and collected were useless.

If he found his girlfriend but she's not with him, his job isn't finished yet.

"You were right Y/n, I never should've made that stupid deal with Hikarino." Picking up his knife, he plunge it into a pillow again and again.

"He said I could date you." His stabs were getting faster and aggressive.

"He said three years"

"He fucking said three years!"

The pillow now ripped into pieces, it's stuffing came out everywhere on the floor. Shoto breathed. He needs to calm down.

But how can he when someone didn't keep their promise and his girlfriend is taken away by someone she just met?

Shoto sat down on the floor, a hand over his mouth. "Fuck.." he was in distress.

He relaxed his back on the bed side, looking up. "I know you're there." He coldly said.

"You're still angry, huh?"

"Fuck off, Hikarino."

"Oh please, I just got here." Hikarino crossed his arms. "Besides, I have bad news for you."

Shoto looked at the green highlighted haired man with unamusement. "They're getting married officially next month-"

Woosh!

Hikarino barely missed the knife. He raised his fingers to touch his bleeding cheek. "That was rude, I was not finished talking."

"How did she forget about me."

Hikarino who was busy wiping his bloodied cheek, wasn't paying attention. "Pardon?"

Shoto sighs, standing up. "You did something to mess with her memories didn't you?"

"Wow, you're so smart." Hikarino sarcastically said, rolling his eyes in the process.

"It's that fucking abilities of yours, wasn't it?" Shoto walked closer to the twin of Shu. He jabs his finger onto his chest angrily. "You made her forget about me!"

"That is so shit, Hikarino! Why the fuck would you do that?!"

Hikarino bit his lower lip. "I understand that you're angry right now but please-"

"I was there for you. I was the one who perfected your tests. If subject were to fail one test, they're gone and what the fuck did I do? I changed the fucking results!"

Hikarino stayed quiet, letting the shorter man speak. "You did no shit, bitch. All you did to thank me was allow me to date your sis- y/n! But you took it back by making her forget about me!"

"Who does shit stunts like that?! A pussy would! And you're it. You are the fucking pussy bitch." Shoto took a deep breath to prevent his tears flowing out.

"I have to say, I was scared." Hikarino started. "I didn't want Shu to be angry at both of us. I didn't want him to get rid of me, let alone y/n."

Hikarino ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "If he can get rid of one test, who knows what he would have done to two."

Shoto then realises what Hikarino was meant to say. "You're telling me he would've got rid of you if he.. found out?"

"Yes. Plus, if he got rid of me, he's going to wipe out y/n's memories completely. I know you don't want her gone, I know how you feel. You're in love with a forbidden person."

Hikarino got quiet, he clenched his fist. "Because I'm experiencing it too."

Shoto looked at Hikarino confusedly. No words were able to come out of his mouth. Hikarino shook his head, silently cringing to what he just said. "Forget I said anything. But please Shoto, if you love my sister you really need to let her be with the one she loves."

In a blink of an eye, Hikarino disappeared only a paper shikigami appeared and fell to the floor.

Shoto laughed at himself. He remembers the man placing it in his book. Picking up the shikigami, Shoto also took his lighter and opened his window.

He was hesitating wether he should burn it or not.

Shoto angrily groaned, shutting his window back shut again. "I guess I'll keep you. I needed someone to talk with."

○  ● ○  ●  ○

A/n: Shoto's character arc real!! Hope you enjoyed his story because I really wanted him to be understood.

I would also like to thank everyone for voting and putting this book into their library, I really appreciate it!

Lastly, check out COMPLEX a Luca Kaneshiro x Reader book I just released 😉