Six: Midterms and Floras Plants

"Did you even hear a single word I said?" Stella snapped Bloom out of thought. "Huh?" 

Skylar was on the ground with a notebook, writing down ideas to pass Palladium's test. 

"Sorry Stella, I was kind of lost in thought." Bloom apologised in a daze. "So what we're you saying?" 

"Obviously you have no interest in the fact that Professor Palladium is finally going to take us into the famous simulation room! I for one, think it is the most amazing bit of news ever!" Musa went on. 

"No kidding!" Stella added. "I've heard that some really cool things happen in that place." 

"Yeah and some horrible ones too." Flora had a book of her own, reading all about the simulation room. Skylar had lended Flora that book. 

"You shouldn't let that scare you Flora! They're just stupid rumours anyways, I mean what could really ever happen to you in there?" Techna assured Flora. "Same goes for you Skylar, quit studying for a second" 

"You're right." Flora sighed. But Skylar ignored the lot of them. Skylar was trying to figure out whether the simulation room could be used to create things, or whether it was just an advanced training activity. 

"Cmon Flora! It'll be fun you'll see!" Stella said. "As for me, I'll be planning to have a great experience, one that will go down in history so that I will become the talk of Alfea!" Stella raised her voice. 

"Stella!" They all laughed. 

✨Undisclosed amount of time later✨

The entire class was in the simulation room. It was finally time. Gasps filled the silence. 

"This is it! The simulation room!" Professor Palladium announced. 

"What is it exactly?" Somebody asked. 

"It's a product if the most powerful magic and the most sophisticated technology. The light produced by these amber panels allows our powerful computer to create all kinds of virtual realities and environments" He explained, running around the place and pointing. "The replications are absolutely flawless." 

"Um can it be used to simulate virtual dates with boys?" Stella giggled. 

"You'd be sure to get one then!" Musa quipped. Stella blushed in embarrassment. 

Techna and Skylar rolled their eyes at the class's antics. 

"Yes well- how about we use it to simulate your final exams instead." The professor handled the situation quite well as the class immediately calmed down. 

"The upcoming midterm, I've set up for you a simulation of some of the things that will definitely be on the test." 

They all entered the room that controlled the simulations. "Now let's have a look at the control room." They all walked inside. "Here we oversee everything that is going on in the simulation room." 

Stella made fun of Techna as she looked around in awe. 

"You'll be able to choose between two tests, look." 

All of the amber panels switched on. It presented a scene before them. 

"Your first option is: Use magic to counteract the unfortunate acts of dark magic cast by a group of wicked witches." Palladium offered.

"Do they ever look real!" Bloom gasped. 

Skylar wrote down pros and cons of option one while Stella responded to Bloom.