Chapter 28- "She's not coming Mikes."

*Gerard*

"What the actual fuck?" I said a bit louder than I had intended. Mikey grabbed the note from me and read it to himself.

"We need to go over there. To figure out what's going on." He said, walking over to the coats and grabbing his. I followed and, after slipping on our shoes, we walked out the door and over to the Smith household.

Mikey knocked on the door furiously. It was locked and the truck wasn't out front.

"Maybe they left." I suggested.

"Peter left this morning. Stormy's here, she just won't answer the door." He explained, knocking harder. "Stormy, it's me, Mikey. Please open the door." He yelled. I took a step back and looked up to Stormy's window. She was standing there, looking down at us. As our gaze met, she quickly shut the curtains.

"She's not coming, Mikes." I said quietly. He stopped knocking and just stared at the door, lost in his thoughts with a worried look on his face. He nodded and lead the way back home.

We didn't watch any movies that night. It was the first time in years that we hadn't had a movie night with Stormy. Mom had made some spaghetti that Mikes and I just pushed around our plates. What with the note from earlier and Stormy's strange behavior, neither one of us had much of an appetite. After helping clean up the kitchen after dinner, both of us went to our rooms, but I couldn't sleep and I'd bet you a million dollars Mikey didn't either. I think I fell asleep somewhere around 4-ish.

*Stormy*

I didn't sleep at all last night. I was too paranoid. All these notes and phone calls. They're scaring me to death. I should've let Mikey and Gerard in yesterday. I should've told them about everything. But they wouldn't have believed me. I even sound crazy to myself. I heard Dad coming up the stairs and quickly rolled over towards the wall and pretended to be asleep. He knocked softly a few times and then opened the door.

"Time to get up, Lightning Bug." He whispered to me, shaking me slightly. I put on my best just-woke-up face and rolled over. I rubbed my eyes and groaned a little for good measure.

"Good morning, Daddy." I said while making my voice sound very groggy. Dad smiled at me and brushed the hair out of my face. He kissed me on the forehead and smiled at me.

"Did you sleep good?" He asked. I nodded. "That's good." He sighed. "I've got to pack and get going later today. Thank you again for those tickets, Lightning Bug. They mean a lot to me." I waved my hand at him and slowly sat up in bed.

"No worries, Dad. Just go have some fun." I said with a forced smile. I didn't want Dad leaving, especially not right now. More than anything, I did not want to be left alone on New Years. He gave me a big smile and nodded enthusiastically, looking like a little kid in doing so. I suppressed a giggle and let out a fake yawn. "I think I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Okay, I'll have some breakfast made when you get downstairs." He said. He ruffled my hair before leaving the room.I let out a big sigh when I knew he was out of hearing distance. I stretched and winced at the bones popping in my back. I crawled out of my bed and went to pick out my clothes for today.

After breakfast, Dad and I sat around and just talked.

"How come you didn't stay next door last night?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously. I just shrugged.

"Just not in the mood, I guess." I said looking down at the dining room's table cloth. The lace was so pretty...

"Bull. Stormy, you love going over there. What's wrong?" He asked, seeing right through my pitiful lies. I sighed in defeat and told him everything.

"While you were gone Gerard and me... well, I like him, Daddy. A lot." I confessed. My face got red as a lobster.

"I know, Stormy. You're not good at hiding secrets." He said, looking beyond amused.

"Shut up. Anyways, we kind of admitted it to each other. Then we went to a party and he got sort of drunk and I got upset with him so I went and started hanging out with our friend, Frankie. Then me and Frank kinda got together and Gerard got really mad at him and they got into a fight and Frankie got beat up and was in the hospital. I promised him that I would go see him on Monday, that's where I went, by the way, and when I got there I found out he had a girlfriend and was just trying to make me feel better, and then me and Gee got into a huge fight about it all. It's just all been so hectic and stressful." I explained, leaving out little bits and pieces so that I wouldn't make him mad.

"Oh," He seemed surprised. "That all happened in a week?" I nodded. "Wow. Are things okay now?"

"Sort of. I mean all's forgiven, I guess." I shrugged, hoping dad would drop it. He must've took the hint because he changed the subject.

"So, um, I guess I'd better get packing. Me and Alan are planning on leaving at 11:00 and it's," he checked his watch. ",9:44 right now." I nodded and gathered our plates up and took them to the sink.

"Remember, I love you, Lightning Bug. If you need anything, just call my cell phone. Even if you want me to come home, just call and I'll be right there." He kissed the top of my head and began out the door but the stopped. "And if you need to talk about anything that's going on with Gerard or anything, I'm here for you." He gave me one last hug and, while yelling a goodbye, threw his bags in the back of the truck, climbed in, and drove off. I waved until he was out of sight then. I walked back into the house, tugging at the sleeves of my sweater and closing the door behind me. I could already feel the paranoia engulfing me as I sat carefully onto the couch and pulled my legs up to me. The quiet was so noisy; every sound and thought drove me just a little bit more crazy. I shook my head violently and placed my hands over my ears. I don't want to go insane. A shadow passing by the window caught my attention. I turned to see no one there, but I knew he was lurking.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed before pulling the curtains closed and turning on the T.V. to drown out the silence.