Chapter 14- "I said innocent ears not an innocent mouth."

*Gerard*

As we watched the movie, which was very slow at starting up, I repeatedly glanced at Stormy. She had watched this movie at least 3 times since she got it, but watched it so intently that it seemed like it was all new to her. It was hard to focus on the movie. Stormy was so much more worthy of my attention. It's sort of funny. I've sort of always liked her, but my feelings have intensified immensely so. It came out of nowhere it seemed.

I noticed her eyes getting droopy.

"Stormy, are you that tired?" I whispered to her. Her eyes shot open.

"No!" She exclaimed suddenly. I laughed under my breath at her.

"Calm yourself, Storm. No danger here." I held my hands up. She stuck her tongue out at me and sighed. She rolled over onto her back and looked up at me.

"I don't wanna watch this no more." She whined. I looked at the movie with disinterest.

"Yeah, me either. What do you wanna do?" I asked. She made a face and thought to herself. Suddenly she gasped and shot up.

"Come on!" She said, grabbing my hand and pulling me off the bed after her. Stormy's hands were soft and deathly cold. They were tiny compared to mine. I struggled to keep up with her pace.

"Clouds, for someone with such short legs, you're awfully fast." I complained. She shushed me and rushed on. As we got to the living room she sat me in the chair-and-a-half, which was basically just a really big chair.

"Don't move." She instructed. I nodded. She went over to the coat rack and took my coat, placing it on her. She sprinted out of the room and I laughed to myself at her hyperactivity. She was almost as bad as my friend, Frankie, from school. Huh, that's a new thought. Stormy and Frank are a lot alike. They're both extremely hyper, they act like 5-year-olds on crack, and they're both SHORT. He has a few tattoos on his arms and she desperately wants them. How they could stand needles was beyond me. The thought alone sent shivers up my spine.

I heard the door in the kitchen that led to the garage close.

"Holy shit it's so fucking COLD!" Stormy cursed. I shook my head at her potty mouth.

"Whoa, whoa, watch the language. I have innocent ears!"

"Your ears? Innocent? Gee, you cuss waaaay more than me." She teased.

"Hey, I said innocent ears, not an innocent mouth." She giggled at my joke. The sound was beautiful. It was only then that I noticed the huge box that she now placed on the floor at our feet. It was giant compared to her. How I didn't realize she was carrying it, I have no idea. "What's this?"

"Remember how Mom was obsessed with "saving memories"?" I nodded. "Well whenever I was about 8 she took all my pictures and scrapbooked them and she packed up the books with some of our favorite old games and stuff. This is the box!" She said with a smile. She slid my coat off her shoulders- had I mentioned how good it looked on her?- and hung it up on the rack behind the door. I opened the flaps of the box and smiled automatically at all the scrapbooks and board games. I blew the dust off of Monopoly. It had been our favorite. Stormy came and sat beside me in my chair and grabbed one of the books.

"The Way and Smith Families" She read from the cover. As she opened to the first page, I saw a picture of us sitting in the backseat of a car when we were little. We were both asleep and she had her head over on my shoulder. I looked at her a grinned. She hasn't changed much. She's only just more beautiful, if anything. My eyes were fixed on her, although she didn't notice. She silently turned the page and I saw her cheeks redden a bit. I looked down at the new page and saw a picture of us from when were we just a few years old. We were dressed up, I in a tux and Stormy in a pretty red dress. The only reason I could figure that we were so dressed up is that maybe we were at a wedding. We were sitting in a chair and I was kissing her on the cheek. The Stormy in the picture and the Stormy that I was looking at now had the same expression. Blushing cheeks and looking down, embarrassed. I felt a smirk on my face as I flipped to the next page for her. I felt her gasp a little as we stared at a picture of her mother in high school... holding hands with my father.