Chapter 24- "Iero. Frank Iero."

*Stormy*

As I woke up the next morning, I was less than excited to go over to the Way's. Sure, seeing Mikey and Momma would be awesome, but the combination of Don and Gee... just ugh. I sigh, forcing myself from my cozy cocoon. I walk like a zombie to my desk and take my clothes that I had strategically picked out last night and head to the bathroom. I had a hard time sleeping last night what with all the drama, so I took advantage of the time and chose my clothes for today. Nerdy, right? After getting dressed, I washed my face with cold water to wake myself up. I wished Dad was coming with me today. He was still recuperating from his weekend with Uncle Mike. As I check my clock again, I see I only have about ten minutes. I quickly apply my eyeliner, the only makeup I planned on wearing today, and went to my room to get my shoes and coat. I slowly walk down the stairs, doing a mental inventory and make sure that I have everything. Dad's still asleep, but I write him a note saying that I'm okay, just next door. I grab the bag of presents next to the door and head out.

As I open the Way's door, warmth floods over me. I step inside, closing the door behind me, and smile to myself as I see Mikers playing a video game on the TV in the living room. Mama's in the kitchen cooking something that smells absolutely delicious. Don and Gerard are nowhere to be seen, luckily.

"Good morning, Mama!" I exclaimed as I walk over to stand in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Good morning, Honey. I didn't even hear you come in. You'll have to excuse Gerard's absence, he's at the hospital for one of his friends." She said sadly.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"Uhh, Freddy, maybe?"

"It's Frank, Mom." Mikey said, walking past me and to the table. "I wish you'd let me go see him. He's my friend, too, ya know."

"Wait, it's Frank?" I asked nervously. Mikey nodded.

"Do you know him?" He asked.

"Yeah, last night Gerard and me when to a party and me and Frank kind of... hit it off, I guess you could say." I felt my cheeks getting red as panic flowed through me. "Is he okay?"

"Gee said that his nose was broken pretty badly. He's going to have to have surgery. He's pretty banged up." Mikey said. "Hey, Mom. Can Stormy take me to the hospital to see him since she's going to want to go, too?" Donna sighed and then nodded.

"I guess so. Dinner's going take a while, anyways. I put the turkey in the oven last night and then forgot to turn it on." She said with a giggle. I smiled at her.

"We'll be back soon, I promise." I said.

"And we'll try to bring Gee back with us." Mikey added. I didn't protest, I just ran back over to the house to grabbed the keys to Dad's truck. I decided I'll call Dad on the way to the hospital instead of taking the time to write another note. As I drove back next door, Mikey hopped in and shivered at the sudden temperature change.

The hospital parking lot was almost empty. It had an eerie feel that I didn't like. Honestly, I'm not too fond of hospitals in general. I can't help but think about how Gerard must be freaking out; he's deathly afraid of needles. Mikey and I ran inside to the receptionist's desk.

"What room is Frank..." I started, then realized I never asked his last name.

"Iero. Frank Iero." Mikey said, saving the day. She clicked on the keyboard of the computer.

"Room 320." She said simply, as if she's bored. I wouldn't doubt it. She's probably a bit depressed, too, working here. I hate hospitals. I thank her quickly before dashing to the stairs (I know from experience that the elevators here are slow and extremely scary), Mikey right on my heels.

As we rounded the corner, we spot room 320. I took in a deep breath and walked around the corner, only to find that Frank wasn't here. Gerard, on the other hand, had his chair leaned up against the wall and appeared to be asleep. I let out my breath and went to sit on the edge of Frank's bed. Upon closer inspection, I saw Gee's face is bruised up, as well. How did Gee find out about Frank being here? How did Frank get here?

"Why didn't you do something to stop him from getting the shit beat out of him?" I asked loudly. I saw Gee's eyes open suddenly. He looked at me lovingly.

"Stormy" He said under his breath.

"That's me. Why didn't you stop it? Who did it anyways?" I asked harshly. He looked down at his shoes.

"It was me." He said quietly.

"What?" I screamed at him, not caring if I was in a hospital or not.

"I'm sorry, Stormy. I was drunk and I wasn't thinking. He told me that you kissed him and I snapped. I'm just so sorry."

"So you beat the shit out of your best friend? The only reason he was even talking to me is because you decided to get shit-faced and then start trying to talk me into having sex with you! He was there for me when you weren't."

"You got drunk again, Gee?" Mikey asked. I glanced back to see that he looked heartbroken. "You promised me you wouldn't anymore. You promised me, Gee!"

"I know, Mikes. I'm so-"

"I don't want your 'sorry'! I asked you to quit because I'm worried about you. I'm still worried; more than ever, actually. But I guess that doesn't matter to you." Mikey said, turning towards the door. He turned back to look at me. "I'm gonna go sit in the waiting room. I'll see Frank after he gets out." I turned back towards Gerard and felt the anger inside me consume my body. I push Gerard with all the strength in me, taking him by surprise. He fell back and hit a monitor behind him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I screamed.

"I said I'm fucking sorry, Stormy!" He yelled back.

"Don't cuss at me! You have no right!"

"I don't understand what else you want me to do! I've apologized to you and Mikey and Frankie a million times and no one will fucking listen!" He roughly pulled a hand through his hair.

"Maybe we don't want to listen! Maybe you fucked up so badly this time that no one wants to!"

"Stormy, I love yo-"

"Don't! Don't you dare say you love me! I don't want to hear it!" Anger was building inside me as we argued.

"But what if I do?!" He yelled.

"Shut the fuck up!" I screamed, finally losing control. I was no longer the one controlling my actions. I punched him in the gut as hard as I could. He doubled over, looking me straight in the eyes. I could see the pain in them. I didn't care. I slapped him, leaving a big, red handprint on his face.

"Stormy, stop." The voice didn't belong to Gerard, it belonged to Frank. I see a nurse rolling him in in a wheelchair. He had a little cast on his nose.

"Oh my god, can you not walk?" My eyes felt as big as golf balls.

"Yeah, I'm fine, other than my nose. The nurse just said that I can't show my ass to the other people in the hallway, although I really don't see why. I have a nice ass." He said with a nasally giggle while climbing into the hospital bed. Same old Frank. Gerard was sitting in his chair again, trying to hide the tears falling from his eyes. I hated the sight of it. No matter how much I wanted to despise him, there was a part of me that still loved Gee. I blinked hard to get the thought out of my head. As the nurse left, I walked over and sat at the end of the bed.

"I'm sorry, Frankie." I mumbled.

"For what?"

"If not for me, this never would've happened. You guys would still be best friends."

"We still are. He was drunk and I was acting cocky. I made him mad on purpose. Plus he's bigger than me, I knew I didn't have a chance in a fight with him. I forgave him a long time ago." He explained, taking my hand into mine. "You should, too."

"I know I just... can't." There was a lot more behind the words than they knew. I wanted to forgive Gee, I really did. I was just afraid. I was afraid of being with Gee. I'm always happy around him. I'm just afraid that us being together would ruin our whole friendship. I don't want it to end. He means everything to me. That's why I can't forgive him.