Chapter 26- "Don't you dare try and explain shit to me."

*Gerard*

I shook my head like a dog trying to get the last drops of water from it. It's not getting any better, I mentally said to my reflection. Sighing, I turned off the light and opened the bathroom door. The sight of Stormy sitting on the ground, looking up at me with big, innocent, tear-filled eyes sort of shocked me. I hesitated; I didn't know if I should comfort her or just leave her. No, I decided, I will not just leave her again. I dropped down to my knees in front of her and pushed the hair out of her face.

"What's wrong, Storm?" I whispered to her. She sniffed.

"I want my mom and my sister back." She sounded so broken. She took in a deep breath as new tears began streaming down her perfect cheeks. I began to ask if I could hold her, but she answered my question by burying her face in my chest and clinging onto my shirt. I wrapped my arms around her and began stroking her hair. I hummed a lullaby Mom used to sing to me when I was small and couldn't sleep. She glanced up at me, her tears finally coming to an end.

"Everything okay now?" I asked. She shook her head 'no'. My face contorted in confusion. "What's wrong, then?"

"I'm so sorry, Gee. I forgive you. I should've forgiven you right then and there that night but I was stupid and didn't."

"It's okay, Clouds." I said comfortingly. Without a second thought, I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. She hurriedly pushed me away and pulled my arms away from her. "What's the matter?" I asked with more anger than I had intended.

"I'm with Frankie, Gee. I forgive you, that doesn't mean that I want to be with you." She growled. I was dumbstruck at her sudden mood change.

"I thought you were with him just because you were mad at me!"

"No! I'm not! I'm with him because I want to be!" She screamed. I heard footsteps nearing us.

"Bullshit, Stormy! You just want to get back at me!" The tension was rising. I faintly heard Mom calling to us.

"Don't fucking cuss at me!" She screeched, pushing me with all her might. I stumbled back but then charged forward.

"I'll do whatever the hell I want to! You ditched me for my best friend!" I yelled before punching a hole in the wall. Stormy became very quiet as she looked up at me with wide, fearful eyes. "I'm sorry, Stormy-" I began quietly and gently grabbed her wrist. She jerked it away and ran down the stairs. I called after her and quickly followed her. Mom was at the bottom of the stairs holding Stormy behind her and staring at me in disbelief.

"What is going on?" She hissed. I felt my cheeks go red.

"Stormy's dating Frank." I mumbled and looked down. She took two fingers and lifted my face back up.

"Look at me when you talk to me and don't mumble. Now, what does Stormy dating Frank have to do with you? And why on God's green earth did you punch a hole in my wall?" Mom said, making me a bit afraid.

"I love her, Mom. And she told me she loved me." I said. So many different emotions were running through me I wasn't really sure what to feel.

"That was before you took me to a dumb party, got plastered, and then tried to fuck me!" Stormy yelled at me. Mom's glare turned damn near deadly.

"You went to a party and got drunk?" Her eyes were wide and terrifying.

"Mom, I can expla-"

"Don't you dare try and explain shit to me." She said through clenched teeth. "What kind of explanation could you possibly have? You're 17, Gerard! You have no business getting drunk!"

"I drink so that I can forget, Mom! I want to forget about everything! I want to forget about Dad smacking you and punching you and throwing you into things! He's a monster! That's why I drink, because I'm afraid of turning into him!" I yell, feeling tears in my eyes. I turn and run up the stairs, ignoring the pain in my hand and the calls coming from Mom and Stormy.