Chapter Forty Three: If You Give A POD A Cookie...

Sam sat at his desk in his office sketching out the face of a girl a few years older than him. Happy laughter seemed to echo throughout his mind. But something about the drawing felt real, like something he had seen in a far off dream.

Sam found himself flipping over the paper. He started writing some dialogue between himself and the girl.

"You sure do seem happy here," said the girl.

"I feel kind of lonely since there aren't any kids here," Sam told her.

"I was alone before I met you, Sammy," the girl smiled.

"I'm so happy I met you, _____," Sam told her.

Sam couldn't come up with a name for the girl. He picked up a few colored pencils that sat in the pencil cup at his desk and colored in the girl. Her skin was pale and her eyes were a soothing brown. Sam made the background a pale blue that had an odd sense of impending doom he couldn't pinpoint.

The hair ended up being yellow like sunshine. Sam didn't know why, but it fit. He stood and walked outside, where Dracomon ran up to him so fast, the dragon fell on top of Sam when he tried to stop.

"Dracomon!" Sam scolded as the dragon got off of him. A few cookie crumbs were now on his shirt, so he brushed them off. "What are you running for? Did something happen?"

Dracomon swallowed. "Anna...made...cookies! They're...delicious!"

Sam widened his eyes. Dracomon had knocked him over for this?!

Sam shook his head. "I'll come with you, but on one condition."

"What is it?!" Dracomon asked.

"You won't knock me over anymore. Believe it or not, having you on top of me shows that Digimon aren't as light as they look," Sam replied. Dracomon nodded furiously. Sam grinned. "Then let's go eat some cookies!"

——-

"What the heck?!" MarineDevimon asked. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!"

POD rolled her eyes. "As odd as it sounds, this may be the best way to go undercover."

"But I could get eaten!" MarineDevimon protested. "That's not 'the best way to go undercover!'"

POD rolled her eyes again. "You idiot." She snapped, and in an instant, MarineDevimon was gone. She sighed in relief. Sometimes, how idiotic her minions were made her feel sick.

"I seriously wish that I could make one successful and obedient Digimon to beat those kids," POD said. She turned to Dobermon's head on her throne. "What about you?"

"I can't. I still have partnership with one of your targets," Dobermon told her.

POD groaned. "But you also have partnership with me!"

Dobermon sighed. "Let's just see how this all plays out, Faye."

POD stomped towards her throne. "Don't call me that!" She sat down and put her head in her hands. Why is it that the only Digimon she could count on wouldn't do anything for her?

POD growled. "If this doesn't work, I'm cloning Dobermon," she muttered as she started massaging her temples. She cursed headaches from the day they were invented.

——-

"These are some good cookies!!" Sam told Anna around bites. "They remind me of when you found that chocolate in your pocket and made banana-thingy-ma-bob and chocolate chip cookies!"

Anna swallowed another bite of cookie. "We shall not speak of the evil Digital World and the evil that went on while we were there."

One of the cookies-though neither of them noticed-shook slightly. A dark aura surrounded it, but just for a second.

Anna grabbed for said cookie. Red eyes appeared on its surface. Anna shrieked and dropped it. "What the squid?!"

Sam turned her way. "Is something wrong?"

Anna pointed at the cookie. It was shaking back and forth, causing it to move along the floor. "That is how you would say 'creepy,' correct?" Renamon asked.

Dracomon nodded. "Doesn't take somebody with a brain to figure that one out."

"Let's follow it," Sam suggested. Anna nodded.

Other students at the school just stared at Sam, Anna, Dracomon, and Renamon as they sprinted through the halls, chasing after a jittery cookie. Anybody who didn't find that weird probably had a strange childhood.

The cookie eventually got outside. Sam and Anna continued to chase the cookie with their partners in hot pursuit.

"I swear, when I woke up this morning, I never expected to chase a cookie," Anna told Sam.

——-

"And we're still chasing the stupid cookie," Renamon said about ten minutes later.

"This is getting too stupid to be real," Dracomon announced.

The cookie had led them to the docks of Tokyo. The cookie fell into the water with a splash. Sam (truthfully, I don't know what he was doing here) ducked his head underwater and tried to grab for the cookie.

The red eyes on the cookie returned. The cookie started to cackle evilly.

With a flash of yellow light, the cookie turned into MarineDevimon.

Sam flicked his head out of the water, splashing Anna, Renamon, and Dracomon in the process. "The cookie turned into MarineDevimon!" Sam exclaimed.

"Are you hallucinating?" Anna asked, taking his head. "That creepy cookie couldn't be that creepy—"

MarineDevimon popped out of the water. "Peek a boo!"

Dracomon stared at the water Digimon. "This is the weirdest day in the history of ever."

"Regardless of how weird and messed up today has been, we have to take down this stupid Shadow Reigner!" Anna exclaimed.

"RENAMON, DOUBLE DIGIVOLVE TO...TAOMON!"

Taomon appeared in a flash of light. She lunged at MarineDevimon immediately.

Sam pulled out his Digivice. "I'm sending a message back to HQ!"

"'HQ?'" Anna asked. "It's a school!"

Sam rolled his eyes. "It doesn't matter! Besides, HQ sounds cooler!"

Anna grabbed her Digivice from her belt. "To anybody listening, MarineDevimon is attacking down at the docks! Sam and I could use some backup!"

"Dracomon, digivolve so we can take down this guy once and for all!" Sam exclaimed.

Dracomon nodded. "Let's do this!"

"DRACOMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...COREDRAMON!"

When Coredramon appeared, a screech was heard from above. A shadow jumped down from a bird-shaped figure.

And then the shadow turned into SkullGreymon and tackled MarineDevimon.

———————————-

A/N

Hey, guys. More Secret Police is up.

And if you can't tell, this is the chapter made purely for comic relief. And I also ran out of ideas. XD

Digital out!

-digital