Chapter Thirty Seven: Doves and DigiDestined

Kaez stood next to her mom's door. She was talking with the orphanage director from where Maia had previously lived.

"Ah, yes. She is behaving perfectly well."

"Maia Nori, correct?"

"Oh! I didn't know that you knew her last name..."

At her mother's words, Kaez gasped, but clapped her hand over her mouth to muffle it. If Maia knew her last name...Nori, was it? Maia could leave to find her real family, and Kaez would be alone.

"That's why Ebidramon said I had a dark secret. I don't want Maia to know... to leave me." Kaez was frightened by the truth behind her own words.

——-

Kaez sat up. She could just tell that Gabumon was nearby. "Gabumon?" Her voice came out in a whisper.

"Kaez!" Gabumon came up from the foot of the bed. Kaez laughed. It was so like her to miss something like that.

A knock at her door interrupted her nervous laugh. The nerves came from her terrible dream.

"Ms......Ka.....ze.....Har....kly?"

"Kaez Harkly," Kaez corrected. "And you are?"

Kaez saw a boy in the doorway. He had dark brown hair and dark eyes to match. He had a black hoodie on with denim jeans and black and white sneakers.

"Hibiki. Hibiki Jairoi," the boy said. "Some shorty named Izzy told me to come and check on you."

Kaez noticed how tall Hibiki was when she stood and walked closer to him. He towered above her.

"Come on. There's something a kid named Cravat Kyle wants to talk about with you," Hibiki told her.

"Cravat Kyle?" Kaez asked, picturing Kyle in a cravat. (A/N If you don't know what a cravat is, go google it)

"Yeah. There was this guy in a room labeled 'Kyle,' and he was holding a cravat," Hibiki explained. "If you know him like you do, shouldn't you know about this?"

"I've known him for a week! You can't get mad!" Kaez said.

"Hibiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii."

A whiny groan came from Hibiki's feet. Kaez noticed a small lion, about two feet tall, curled around Hibiki's legs.

"Liollmon, staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahp," Hibiki whined.

"Suddenly I know why these two are partners," Kaez muttered.

Gabumon grabbed Kaez's hand. "Come on."

The four walked down the hall to the center room. If they had seen Ayame run out what felt like forever ago, they probably would have pictured it in their heads. But neither of these two had witnessed Ayame's chase for Falcomon, so they didn't picture it.

Kaez recognized her friends, but not anybody else. The original DigiDestined, as well as two others and all of their partners sat in a clump.

Kaez and Hibiki took their place near the back. They weren't as familiar with most of the people surrounding them.

A pair of girls walked in soon after. One had her brown hair in two low ponytails and a blue headband with a bow attached. She had a dark blue vest on over a yellow long-sleeved shirt. She had light colored jeans and white and blue shoes on.

The other girl had auburn hair in a pixie cut. She had blue eyes that scanned the room curiously. She wore a light blue jacket over a darker blue tuxedo. She had jeans on with white ankle boots. A black top hat striped with silver sat atop her head.

"Nat! Trey! Over here!" Kaez was surprised to hear Hibiki shouting at the girls. The auburn haired on waved and pulled the other over to where Kaez and Hibiki sat.

"Kaez, meet Natsumi and Trey," Hibiki introduced, gesturing to the brown haired girl and then the auburn haired companion. "Natsumi, Trey, meet Kaez."

Before the proper introductions could begin, Gennai started talking. Kaez didn't know who he was, so she just chose not to listen. Instead, she daydreamed about what Garurumon's ultimate form would be like. Kaez wasn't sure about her friends, but she seriously wanted to sick a final blow into Virus Antylamon. Kaez smiled as deviously as a Cheshire Cat at the thought.

When Gennai had stopped talking (or 'blah blah blahing' if you ask Kaez), he allowed everybody to leave. Hibiki stood and helped Kaez to her feet before doing the same to Natsumi.

Trey held up her hands. "I've already told you, Hibi, you don't need to be that sweet with me." She removed her hat and pulled out a dove. The bird was scared witless. Trey tossed her arm into the air and the dove went flying along with confetti pieces and strands of streamers.

Kaez gasped with a grin. "Wow," she whispered in awe. Trey grinned happily. She tossed her arms upwards with a dramatic gesture. She snapped, and instantly, everything disappeared and returned to normal.

"How in the world did you...?" Kaez asked.

"With this!" Trey exclaimed. She pulled out a silver crest with a swirling symbol adorning it.

"Trey's crest power is creating illusions," Natsumi explained.

"Then chances are that she and Anna won't get on too well. Anna sees through illusions," Kaez commented.

Jimmee ran up to Kaez with a grin. "Who are your new friends, Kaez?"

"Hibiki, Trey, and Natsumi." Kaez wondered how many introductions could go on in a day with showing these three to everyone.

Trying to be conversational, Kaez asked, "Do you guys have your crests already?"

All three nodded. Natsumi pulled out a gold crest and Hibiki took out a black one.

"Doesn't it look great?" Natsumi asked.

Kaez nodded as Natsumi laughed. "What is it?" Kaez questioned.

"I just used my crest power on you! It's super persuasion," Natsumi explained.

"And, I got into your room with my crest power," Hibiki told Kaez.

"What is yours?" Kaez asked.

"I unlock doors." It was Hibiki's turn to grin like a Cheshire Cat.

"You would be a great stalker with something like that," Kaez muttered.

A Digimon walked closer, a Labramon. "Natsumi! There's a Digimon attack in the city!"

A Wizardmon rose up from Trey's shadow. Kaez just noticed that the magician's shadow was a Wizardmon. "Let's go then, Trey!"

Jimmee pulled out his Digivice, his eyes widening. "Virus Antylamon."

Maybe Kaez would get her wish of getting rid of that rabbit.

—————————————-

A/N

Here you all are! Next chapter!

Secret Police is almost over (sadly) which means I get to start the first part! Whoop!

Next chapter, we meet WereGarurumon! And this one is NOT a Shadow Reigner!

-digital