Chapter Twenty Nine: Dark Miracle

"Maia!" Kaez screamed, straining her vocal chords.

"What happened?!" JImmee asked.

"There was this weird swirl of data, and before we knew it, they went all black Widget!" Raegan exclaimed. Everyone stared at her, confused about the end.

Kaez shook it off. She admitted to having odd friends. But now wasn't the time. "This...Magnamon X!!" Kaez had to force herself not to swear for Sam's sake.

"Of course! This was the Dark Miracle all along!" Jimmee realized.

"I hope they'll be okay. Ceya was always the leader of our group four years ago," Charlie whispered.

"Because everyone else was being too much of a wuss to step up," Kyle muttered.

"Says mister never-comes-up-with-a-plan himself!" Tay exclaimed sarcastically, throwing her arms in the air.

"Quit fighting! Just because the two of them aren't in a good position and we have no plan doesn't mean you two can argue our way to a solution!" Anna yelled firecely.

"The amount of fear behind your voice is overwhelming," Raegan whispered, her crest glowing with a faint pulse of aqua light.

"Calm down, Anna," Renamon said, putting her arm around Anna's shoulders.

Anna sighed, air puffing from her lips. She pushed off Renamon's arm. "I want to be alone." And with that, Anna stomped off, Renamon jumping close behind.

-----

"Light is the enemy....fight it..."

The voices in Ceya's head were so calm, and Ceya herself was panicking over near death. How could her brain remain so calm?

"Light...?" Ceya asked, her voice nothing but a whisper in the world of emptiness.

"Fight it, Ceya...it is who you are. The light does nothing but hurt you."

Ceya felt force on her shoulder blades. Before the blonde was an empty void of nothing.

And she was falling into it.

But the figure that had pushed her was a familiar one.

Maia.

-----

"Ow..."

Maia held her pounding head. She gasped, her head aching immensely. Stupid Shadow Reigners.

"The darkness that has befallen you is the work of Magnamon X's superior, one MarineDevimon. He is targeting you, so beware. The evil is coming in the form of light."

The voice was male and had a slight British accent. She remembered meeting a friend of Kaez's with a voice like that...Gosh, what was his name?!

"You're trying to help me?" Maia asked the white around her.

"Of course. But the one after you will remove any inconvienences...one is already gone. One is in danger. Awaken and fight the Phantom of the Grave."

-----

Maia opened her eyes and saw Jimmee and Kaez above her. "Maia!!" Kaez exclaimed, tackling her sister to the ground.

"Could you be any rougher?" Maia asked through clenched teeth.

"Sorry," Kaez said quickly, energy showing. "I'm just a little overexcited you're okay."

"Is Ceya okay?" Maia asked instictively.

Maia noticed the blonde shivering in a ball. Same state as when the data showed up.

"No change," Tsukaimon said in disappointment.