Prologue: Rise of the Shadow Reigners

POD sat atop her throne like she always had, since the dawn of Digital Time. Her frail and sickly pale fingers moved with a certain anger. "Stupids....stupid, brainheaded Digimon."

She grabbed the arm of her throne, and a yelp came out from her now-alive chair. "I wish I had just a couple of Digimon who were worth it! Some Digimon who could actually take down those stupid kids."

POD stood. She glided across the throne room of her dark palace, her pale feet touching the dark matter without even the slightest flinch. POD sighed. "Just one Digimon would be fine. The only one who might work would be Dobermon, but that little, dumb blonde already got him nearly killed."

POD turned to see Dobermon's head atop her throne. When one of her Digimon had killed the dog, she hadn't expected to take it so much to heart. His face atop her perch was the only thing that made her think clearly. Dobermon had gotten hurt because of those dunderheads, so she needed revenge.

POD looked around. Shadows. That was all that was in sight. In the room where she reigned the Digital World, nothing but shadows.

"Shadow Reigners...of course." POD began thinking about who she should summon. There were fifteen of those annoying children, so fifteen Shadow Reigners seemed like a fit number.

POD closed her purple eyes slowly. Her long, black hair formed itself into a large hand. One, thin string came down from each finger. POD held up her hands as well, and a string came down from each of her regular fingers as well.

"Let's see...Lillymon X...LadyDevimon...BlackRapidmon... Who else? Ah! JewelBeemon! And...MailBirdramon." The five Digimon appeared from the strings. They laughed evilly.

POD looked at each of her hands next. "Now, let's summon a few more. SkullGreymon, ShadowWereGarurumon, MegaKabuterimon in blue, Zudomon X, MarineDevimon." The five Digimon appeared from thin air.

"Not enough to take down those dumb kids. Magnamon X, Antylamon X, Garudamon X...ugh, the X stuff is getting boring! Ah! ShadowShakkoumon, my own creation!" A darker version of Shakkoumon appeared among the X Digimon.

POD frowned. "One short...let's go with Cyberdramon." A Cyberdramon appeared at her words.

POD walked to her throne and sat down. "Listen up. You all will go and target the one who inherits your respective crests."

The Digimon all cackled in unison. POD smirked. "Now, go and destroy those stupid DigiDestined, you idiot Digimon!"

The Shadow Reigners continued to cackle as POD snapped. The sound resonated through the throne room and the Shadow Reigners vanished in a cloud of purple smoke.

"Faye...why are you doing this...?" Dobermon's voice hit POD's ears. She groaned, her eyes widening as memories of laughter made their way into her head.

"Dobermon...I'm doing this for you." In an instant, POD's regular appearance had returned: cool and evil as usual.

POD looked around the empty room. "Soon I will bring down the people who led to your downfall by power of the POD!"

POD cackled at the thought of those annoying kids going up in smoke.