12

The next few weeks were hell as I cleaned out my mother's house and found someone to rent it. I barely survived the two funerals that were back to back, but thanks to Alex, we managed somehow.

I moved in with Alex and Kozik, thankful for the two of them as I worked through my shit. I was pretty much always with one of them since we were worried about my father's random appearance a few weeks ago. My mother had divorced him. There was nothing here for him.

I had quit my job at the diner, knowing full well that I wouldn't be able to manage working somewhere where they didn't understand. My bosses said they understood why I was leaving and wished me the best.

I started working for Gemma and Clay at Teller-Morrow. Clay was now the President of SAMCRO as well as owning most of the garage. Those two things meant he didn't do shit if he didn't want to and honestly he never wanted to.

I fell into the routine of the job, helping Gemma in the office and getting to spend my lunches with Alex. The guys had taken to calling him Tig. I preferred Alex, and he seemed to prefer it from me still.

It was about two months after my mother's passing that my father showed up again.

"What's he doing here?" I asked lowly as I stood in the doorway of the office hoping for a breeze. The heat was killing me the last few days.

"Who is it baby?"

"My father," I said bitterly as I turned to look at Gemma.

"Here do this paperwork, I'll handle him. But get Kozik in here. He worked on that truck."

I went to the garage door and whistled for Kozik. Alex was out with Clay so I knew only Koz would respond. He walked over and stood near me.

"What's going on?"

"One my dad is here. Gem said she'd take care of it. She also said that you worked on the old Chevy truck so I need some info for paperwork," I said. He nodded and stepped up into the office.

I sat down and started working on paperwork as Kozik talked to me about the truck. He was standing where he could see out the door.

"Alex's back," he said, moving to look at the paperwork I handed him.

"Good," I said.

"That's everything yeah," he said. I took it back and totaled it all up to make sure we charged the man correctly.

"Check on Alex," I said.

He went to the door but Alex was already in the office.

"Baby," Alex said.

I looked up at him. "I'm okay."

"He just brought his truck here for some work on it," Alex said. I nodded and Alex kissed my lips.

"Love you Ren," he said, running out the door again.

"Do you ever get sick of that?"

I glanced at the door. "No. He's a prospect. He'll get his day. And I'll have my time with him."

"I hope so Lauren. You're good together," Kozik said.

"Thank you Koz," I said. "You'll find your girl."

"Probably not," he said. "I had her once before the drugs and shit got to me. Lost her when I lost myself."

"If she's really yours she'll be back."

He shook his head as I shooed him back to work and started on some other paperwork.

Gemma came back to the office and took back over as my father walked off the lot finally.