11

The next morning, Alex was up earlier than I was. I made it to the kitchen to make some coffee and Alex had already made a pot. I got a mug and poured some coffee into it. I finished making it up as Alex was making toast.

"You doing okay Ren?"

"I will be," I said. I walked over and leaned into his side. He turned over towards me and kissed my head.

"I know you will Ren. I just want you to know that you don't have to be right this second," he said.

"I know Alex."

"I will be here Ren. To hold you and help put the pieces back together."

I smiled at him as he made up two plates. He took them to the table and told me to sit down. I did and he grabbed his own coffee from the kitchen before joining me.

"Thank you for doing this," I said.

"I told you Ren. I'm here to take care of you."

I smiled in thanks anyways and started eating.

"When are you going to go back to work?" He asked.

"Honestly Alex, I don't know. I know I should go back, but I just, I don't know."

He nodded like he understood. "Don't go back."

"What?"

"I'll take care of you Ren," he said.

"You know I should be deeply appalled at how quickly this is moving."

He chuckled a little. "I know."

"Thank you though Alex."

"I love you Ren," he said and it fell silent as we finished breakfast.

"I'm going to go shower," I said. He nodded and I took off down the hall.

Half an hour late when I was out and dressed, Alex was yelling at someone.

I headed down the hall as I was brushing my hair trying to figure out what was going on.

When I stopped short of the living room, Alex was yelling at someone to fuck off. I smirked a little at him. When I stepped out to where I could see him, I instantly felt my stomach drop.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked looking into the same brown eyes that stare back at me everyday in the mirror.

"I heard about your mom Laur," he said.

"How did you find me?"

Alex was fuming, and I was too. I didn't want to deal with this too. I had enough shit going on.

"It wasn't that hard Laur. I have eyes everywhere," he said.

"Alex get him out of here. If that fucker even thinks about me I want him dead," I said.

"Well baby I'd love to help but he doesn't listen," he said.

"Lauren Marie Scott, listen here -."

"That isn't my name motherfucker. Get off my property or I will kill you myself."

"You're just as stubborn as that bitch was."

When he called my mother a bitch I lost it and went after him. Alex caught me around my waist and held on tightly.

"Let me at him. He called-."

"I heard him Ren. I heard him."

"Alex, let-."

"Enough." Alex's sharp voice made me freeze and he let me go. He shoved my father out the front door. He slammed and locked the door.

"I don't want you alone for a while," he said. I nodded in agreement.

"You can ride to the lot with me and spend the day at the garage. Maybe Gemma can get you working there once she's back. If I'm not with you I want Koz or Piney or someone."

I nodded. "I will Alex."

"I love you Ren. I'll go shower and we can leave."

I nodded and kissed him. It wasn't long before he had showered and we were leaving for the lot.